Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
60 Posts
It depends. If you use the GPS a ton and some locations aren't showing up on it, then I would say it's worth the upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
That's entirely up to you. It's only possibly a benefit if you find you need roads that are missing in your current maps. Even then, there is no guarantee that the updated map will have the data you want.

I updated my maps once and found that roads constructed several years ago were still not in the data file, so it was a complete waste of money.

I'm not willing to pay, again, until I can confirm the update actually adds value, in my area. I've asked Infiniti/HERE and their response was not helpful. They told me I had to buy the update to see what changed, they can't confirm any specific changes or even if there are changes in my area, and if I open the package I cannot return it.

No thanks.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
60 Posts
That's entirely up to you. It's only possibly a benefit if you find you need roads that are missing in your current maps. Even then, there is no guarantee that the updated map will have the data you want.

I updated my maps once and found that roads constructed several years ago were still not in the data file, so it was a complete waste of money.

I'm not willing to pay, again, until I can confirm the update actually adds value, in my area. I've asked Infiniti/HERE and their response was not helpful. They told me I had to buy the update to see what changed, they can't confirm any specific changes or even if there are changes in my area, and if I open the package I cannot return it.

No thanks.
Ya I hear where you're coming from. I think that as of right now it's still a bit early to upgrade the QX30's GPS system for the average user, personally. I will definitely be upgrading the GPS on my future car that I should be hopefully purchasing in a week or two (Either a Infiniti G37x or Acura TL/TSX). Those GPS systems on those cars will be around 7 years old, so it would make a bit more sense for me to upgrade the system on whichever vehicle I end up getting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts