Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My mother's 2018 QX30 has developed an interesting issue today and I was wondering if anyone else has had a similiar issue. The issue we are having in the car is with the steering wheel when turning it to the left or right, but more so to the right. When we turn the wheel we keep hearing this really annoying squeal/squeak right behind the steering wheel. It sounds like rubber is rubbing against something in the steering wheel column, right behind the irbag assembly. We are having the car checked out tommorow morning, but I was just curious if this has happened to anyone else? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
418 Posts
It could be a few things, but what immediately comes to my mind is: did you have the airbag commutator ground recall performed?

Infiniti Campaign ID # PG7BS
NHTSA # 17V-691

Perhaps the commutator is rubbing? Or the clock spring could be at fault.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well turns out it was the floor mat. I guess it was hitting and steering rack and wiring right above the brake and gas pedals, hence the squeak noise. The dealer secured the mat and I think we should be fine.

·
Super Moderator
418 Posts
Heh.

Guess that is further evidence you should always check the "simple stuff" first.

Floor mats have been blamed for unintended acceleration and collisions, in the past; definitely make sure they're secured properly!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heh.

Guess that is further evidence you should always check the "simple stuff" first.

Floor mats have been blamed for unintended acceleration and collisions, in the past; definitely make sure they're secured properly!
Yah we definitely learned a pretty good lesson. If the sound were coming from below the wheel, I may have caught the issue but oh well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts