Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Recently I have had an issue that when I start my car the Gas Tank Lid randomly opens up. I then have to get out and close it and this has happened a few times in the past week. Some of it has been while I am in drive and slow down to the first stop sign near my house. Some of it has been the minute I turn on the car.

I know the lid is electric but has anyone else seen this happen to their QX30?

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
I know the lid is electric but has anyone else seen this happen to their QX30?
Is the lid electric? My wife is driving our QX30 so I have to just use my (admittedly poor) memory... But I recall the fuel door being manual -- not electric. I thought you just pushed on the door to open/close it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I can confirm that 2017 QX30 is not electric, it is a manual push/pop-in lid.

Reactions: Rapidfirerob4

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
The gas lid will only open if the key is present so there must be an "electric" component.
a solenoid that prevent the fuel door from opening is not the same as an electrically-operated fuel door.

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
I was able to examine my wife's fuel filler door (easy boys) over the weekend. Mercedes has completely over-complicated this process! Despite being push-to-open, they are using an electric latch mechanism.

I checked the factory service manual, and it seems fairly easy to remove for inspection... I'd suggest taking it to the dealer, since you should be under warranty, but if you want to try it yourself:

·
Registered
82 Posts
This explains why some people were having issues not being able to open the fuel filler lids leaving them stranded and out of fuel...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had same random opening fuel door problem on my ‘17 QX30. Brought it to the dealer; they said they were “unable to duplicate the problem” while it was there and did nothing. Strangely, it never opened randomly after that visit. But when I went to fill up a few days later, the fuel door would not OPEN! Went back to dealer; this time they changed a defective actuator. Has worked fine since!

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 14 CLA's gas door was difficult to keep closed. I took it to the dealer. Head of service immediately said it was the latch mechanism, which was replaced. This did not occur until this year though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts