Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

Fuel door don't open!!

46K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  Monikah 
Evening. How familiar! Same thing happened with my 2016 Premium Tech several months ago at the height of the Covid lock down. Stood like a fool at the pump pushing and pushing the flap till i finally gave up and called the RAC. Helpful chap arrived and spent 2 hours trying to open the flap but without success. Eventually had to break the catch to open the flap. Of course, with Infinti deserting Europe trying to find someone to look at the problem in lockdown proved impossible - Nissan dealers say they won't touch Infiniti and Mercedes dealers all seemed to be shut, not that I care much for Merc dealers generally. Fortunately have found a great guy in Horbury, Wakefield who is an ex Infiniti engineer who has gone on his own. He spoke tot he warranty people who will pay for a new improved motor that releases the lock but they won't pay for the shroud that the filler flap is attached to - the bit that surrounds the fuel inlet as this is deemed consequential loss. Downside is the price of a new shroud is an eye-watering £230 + VAT. Can I find such a thing second hand? Can I heck! Any ideas as where to source would be most appreciated!

Are you referring to part # 78120-5DA0A? MSRP is $135.58 USD, and it can be had for $87.99 USD.

I'm not familiar with any Euro parts sites, but perhaps a US site/dealer will ship to you if you cover shipping/customs?

For used parts we have auto wreckers that have damaged/totaled vehicles that they part out. There are a number of QX30's available on Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market for example.
Thank you so much! I’ll check it’s the correct part number with my engineer and then order. Most kind of you to take the trouble. Kind regards, Ian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.