Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

It is my first post, so be gentle, please.

Recently my beloved 2009 Volvo C30 T5 hit the 200K km, and I decided, I need another hatchback, but now with 5 doors and not 3, and 4WD. ...and it come to my attention QX30.

I liked and still like C30, it has 5 inline cyl, 250HP ( after in house warrantied Polestar tune) and 273 torque.
C30 is fast, and I got to used to it. When I test drive the QX, what bothered me, it the lack of torque from the start, than it gets better, but not so much. The inertial dimensions of the QX are almost the same as C30, except the boot, which is bigger, but the shoulder, head and leg rooms are almost identical. Interior is more luxury in QX, and much more toys and nannies. What bother me it's, the QX is heavier by 400lbs but less powerful by almost 40hp.

Still, QX30 is number one on my list, second is a new Volvo V60, much bigger and more expensive, and then Lexus NX 300, but I don't like SUVs.
What are your opinions guys/girls?

Alex

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
I drive a Volvo XC60. My wife drives the QX30. Ultimately the Volvo is nicer in nearly every way, except for price. If you can afford the Volvo and don't mind the size, then that is what I would do.

If you want to save the money and/or get something smaller, then the QX30 is still a great vehicle.

Reactions: Rapidfirerob4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now, I'm driving new 2019 Volvo V60 T6 AWD, (loaner, while my C30 changing time belt), it is big and very luxury car, a lot of intelligent toys and nannies. For example, tonight it was first snow here in Toronto, and my car is outside, when I got into car and turn engine on, all climate controls were set on defrosting and high temp. But, if QX30 fully loaded costs $50K+ in our moose money, fully loaded Volvo V60 costs $75K.

Meantime I'm reading QX30 manual and have a couple questions.
First: Start/Stop system should be turned off every time you start the car, or it remember your choice.
Second: Is Sport mode much different from normal one, or it just revs more?

Thanks in advance and more questions will follow.

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
Auto Start/stop is enabled when you turn the vehicle on. It does not remember your choice after your turn the vehicle off.

Sport mode changes the shift points and some of the engine control parameters, such as sharpening the throttle response. If you want to pass someone or drive in a “spirited” fashion then I’d put it into S... It is noticeable, but it’s not life changing.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome!
I always thought the C30 looked great, specially from the sides and rear. Very cool, unique, small and fun hatch. It just lacked a little in the interior (for me) but otherwise, I always wanted one.
For the QX30, it really it night and day from E to S. Its like 2 steps up (missing a N - Normal mode) but I drive in M when I want the use "normal" (to me) shift points.
If you are familiar with BMW / Dinan, they have a small little tune for $300 for the Mercedes 2.0 turbo that also makes a pretty decent difference also. (another 30 hp/40 torque *max* increase)

Hi all,

It is my first post, so be gentle, please.

Recently my beloved 2009 Volvo C30 T5 hit the 200K km, and I decided, I need another hatchback, but now with 5 doors and not 3, and 4WD. ...and it come to my attention QX30.

I liked and still like C30, it has 5 inline cyl, 250HP ( after in house warrantied Polestar tune) and 273 torque.
C30 is fast, and I got to used to it. When I test drive the QX, what bothered me, it the lack of torque from the start, than it gets better, but not so much. The inertial dimensions of the QX are almost the same as C30, except the boot, which is bigger, but the shoulder, head and leg rooms are almost identical. Interior is more luxury in QX, and much more toys and nannies. What bother me it's, the QX is heavier by 400lbs but less powerful by almost 40hp.

Still, QX30 is number one on my list, second is a new Volvo V60, much bigger and more expensive, and then Lexus NX 300, but I don't like SUVs.
What are your opinions guys/girls?

Alex

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are familiar with BMW / Dinan, they have a small little tune for $300 for the Mercedes 2.0 turbo that also makes a pretty decent difference also. (another 30 hp/40 torque *max* increase)

Thanks, I've already found this tune on the forum, and will definitely add it immediately, if I'll buy QX30.
But now , I have another contender Volvo XC40. We decided, we need a bigger car (my wife also drives C30), and wanted to stay with Volvo. Yes, it's SUV, or close to, but after driving new V60 for a week, I like it very well (the same interior and toys). But QX still has a chance. Will update.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yesterday I've bought XC40, decided to stay with Volvo (Volvo for life :) ).

You have very nice small community of QX30 enthusiasts. I really enjoyed short time here.
All the best, guys and girls.

Alex

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
Yesterday I've bought XC40, decided to stay with Volvo (Volvo for life :) ).
You have very nice small community of QX30 enthusiasts. I really enjoyed short time here.
All the best, guys and girls.
Congrats! If your XC40 is anything like my XC60, you should love it.

Please stop back in a few months and let us know how it's working out. My wife is eyeing a XC40 for her next vehicle, and we'd appreciate a review from an actual owner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will definitely will try to do it, don't know how mods of the forum take it.

A lot of reviews on the Volvo main forum (SS).
Here's configuration of my car (with price in moose dollars):
"https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/build/suv/xc40/inscription/t5-awd/summary?s=B4PM42R"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts