Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I purchased a 2017 QX30 Premium with 37k miles. So far everything good except ticking noise at lower RPM at lower speed.
Recently I saw puddle of fluid on my driveway. I checked my brake fluid, coolant and engine oil level and it seems alright. Fluid is almost clear and odorless. Is that transmission oil leak? I don't see any leakage from engine top view. It's not leak from shocks/struts as well. I have attached pictures of leakage. I already paid premium price due to cars shortage. My powertrain warranty expires in Feb 2023. Should this be covered under powertrain?
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Hood

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
655 Posts
Hard to say if it's covered by warranty, or not, without knowing the cause (and even what fluid it is). You'll need to identify the source. Hopefully it's just some mechanic not taking their time and spilling fluid during a change... But if it's leaking, then you'll need to identify where. Could be a failing gasket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took it to local shop for repair. He found Axel seal leak. He suggested to visit dealer. Took it to dealer, covered under powertrain warranty. They had to perform alignment as well after fixing the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts