Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my QX30 for six weeks or so and it's been all local driving in the Houston area until this week, when I had meetings in the Dallas area, so I put over 600 miles on it this week. Here are my thoughts:

1. Great road car. Took me a bit to get used to the cruise control, but I really like how it works, especially on/off and speed adjustments. Plenty of power when I needed it and a lot of fun to drive.
2. Seats are amazingly comfortable. So many adjustments that can be made and I felt fresh after both long legs
3. Tunes: you have to have good tunes on a road trip and the Bose system is amazing. Really makes the trip go well.
4. Mileage. Since I have just over 1000 miles on mine, I wasn't expecting great mileage. The trip up I got 30.5 MPG on the highway, driving 75 MPH most of the way. The return was much better, 34.6 MPG, driving the exact same way as the trip up. So I guess it was a little more broken in. In general very pleased

Over all the trip went great and I am very pleased with the QX30 as a road car.

Have a great weekend everyone!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree on the MPG.

I mostly drive in local, and I used to get 14-15 MPG in V3.7 Q50, but I get 22-24 MPG in QX30 AWD. Same gas from Mobile 93, and same road. QX30 is still under 1000 miles. (I drive 50 miles a week. lol)

Reactions: Jcbama85

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the update on how it went! That's quite the significant change through MPG though but I'm glad to see it does indeed get better. When is the break-in period over?
Not really sure. I'd guess I'm coming out of it now, I'm nearing 2000 miles.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great post. I'm planning the QX30's first long road trip to Florida sometime in June: 800 miles.

The break in schedule is officially 1,200 miles. I'm currently averaging about 22 MPG in all city driving. I can't wait to see what I hit on a long drive using the ICC.

Reactions: Jcbama85

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's interesting to hear you got nearly 35 mpg when the test rating on a 2wd is only 33 (awd is 30). Did you have a tailwind or some other factor?

These actually seem a little better than advertised, though.

My awd has been getting right at 30 at 70+ mph on a few trips that were 180 miles round trip. That is according to the computer calculator, since it wasn't a full tank. I am still below 1k miles.

All of my tanks have been mixed and it has been 24-25 mpg mixed, which is great.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's interesting to hear you got nearly 35 mpg when the test rating on a 2wd is only 33 (awd is 30). Did you have a tailwind or some other factor?

These actually seem a little better than advertised, though.

My awd has been getting right at 30 at 70+ mph on a few trips that were 180 miles round trip. That is according to the computer calculator, since it wasn't a full tank. I am still below 1k miles.

All of my tanks have been mixed and it has been 24-25 mpg mixed, which is great.
No tailwind but I drive like an old woman. While I did 75 most of the way, I'm pretty easy on the throttle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.