Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my QX30 for six weeks or so and it's been all local driving in the Houston area until this week, when I had meetings in the Dallas area, so I put over 600 miles on it this week. Here are my thoughts:

1. Great road car. Took me a bit to get used to the cruise control, but I really like how it works, especially on/off and speed adjustments. Plenty of power when I needed it and a lot of fun to drive.
2. Seats are amazingly comfortable. So many adjustments that can be made and I felt fresh after both long legs
3. Tunes: you have to have good tunes on a road trip and the Bose system is amazing. Really makes the trip go well.
4. Mileage. Since I have just over 1000 miles on mine, I wasn't expecting great mileage. The trip up I got 30.5 MPG on the highway, driving 75 MPH most of the way. The return was much better, 34.6 MPG, driving the exact same way as the trip up. So I guess it was a little more broken in. In general very pleased

Over all the trip went great and I am very pleased with the QX30 as a road car.

Have a great weekend everyone!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree on the MPG.

I mostly drive in local, and I used to get 14-15 MPG in V3.7 Q50, but I get 22-24 MPG in QX30 AWD. Same gas from Mobile 93, and same road. QX30 is still under 1000 miles. (I drive 50 miles a week. lol)

Reactions: Jcbama85

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for the update on how it went! That's quite the significant change through MPG though but I'm glad to see it does indeed get better. When is the break-in period over?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the update on how it went! That's quite the significant change through MPG though but I'm glad to see it does indeed get better. When is the break-in period over?
Not really sure. I'd guess I'm coming out of it now, I'm nearing 2000 miles.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great post. I'm planning the QX30's first long road trip to Florida sometime in June: 800 miles.

The break in schedule is officially 1,200 miles. I'm currently averaging about 22 MPG in all city driving. I can't wait to see what I hit on a long drive using the ICC.

Reactions: Jcbama85

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's interesting to hear you got nearly 35 mpg when the test rating on a 2wd is only 33 (awd is 30). Did you have a tailwind or some other factor?

These actually seem a little better than advertised, though.

My awd has been getting right at 30 at 70+ mph on a few trips that were 180 miles round trip. That is according to the computer calculator, since it wasn't a full tank. I am still below 1k miles.

All of my tanks have been mixed and it has been 24-25 mpg mixed, which is great.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's interesting to hear you got nearly 35 mpg when the test rating on a 2wd is only 33 (awd is 30). Did you have a tailwind or some other factor?

These actually seem a little better than advertised, though.

My awd has been getting right at 30 at 70+ mph on a few trips that were 180 miles round trip. That is according to the computer calculator, since it wasn't a full tank. I am still below 1k miles.

All of my tanks have been mixed and it has been 24-25 mpg mixed, which is great.
No tailwind but I drive like an old woman. While I did 75 most of the way, I'm pretty easy on the throttle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts