Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a new 2018 QX30 Luxury AWD on Saturday. We have had 5 straight Hondas prior to this. Hoping this car has close to the same reliability. Live in the California - SF Bay area. We did a 150 mile mini-road trip to Half Moon Bay yesterday. Really impressed so far.

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I've always been a Honda/Acura man, myself, too. I still have an Acura MDX. Reliability of our QX30, so far, has not been as good as Honda/Acura... It's definitely more of a "Mercedes" product -- but with much better styling. That said, we still love the QX30.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Same here... Honda and Acura enthusiast. I have had a bunch of them and my kids drive them also...
Acura Integra, RDX (gen1), a couple MDX's... CRV's... My kids drive a (very nice) SI and a TSX... ETC. Very easy to work on...
I love my EX35 and my QX30...my first two Infiniti products. I would say my EX35 is very much as reliable as any Honda I have driven. Time will tell on my QX30...but I have had my alternator replaced under warranty already due to it not charging the auxiliary battery. Other than that, it seems very well made, drives wonderfully and gets good MPG (considering I am having fun while driving it.)...but it is probably 75% Mercedes... (interestingly enough, the alternator they just replaced was an Infiniti part number)

·
Registered
62 Posts
-XIS- How did you know your auxiliary battery was not being charged? what were the "symptoms"? I am dealing with some electrical troubles...... (see electrical issues thread)
Another question where is that auxiliary battery located? pics??

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
where is that auxiliary battery located?
It's in the passenger compartment, above the passenger foot well, behind the carpet.

#2 in this picture:

·
Registered
184 Posts
-XIS- How did you know your auxiliary battery was not being charged? what were the "symptoms"? I am dealing with some electrical troubles...... (see electrical issues thread)

Thanks
My symptoms were the auto start/stop not working consistently and then getting a battery warning on the dash that I could not clear or bypass. I thought it was just going to be a battery but the dealer said the alternator was giving them a fault code. Just got her back last night. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome! We all hope our QX30 is reliable and has as few headaches as possible!

I've had mine for 15 months. No significant issues. Actually, for a first gen car that is a first example of a collaboration with a new-to-each-other company, I am fairly impressed.

This is my fourth Infiniti and I think my 12th Nissan product. I cycle through different cars and trucks a lot, but I seem to gravitate toward them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts