Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got a 2018 about a year and a half ago to replace her Juke that got totaled. I used to be a Nissan lover, I have an 03 Frontier, but don't trust their stuff after 05, so at first I was leary of an Infiniti (her Juke was a 14 and had started acting funny the same day someone decided to run a red light and hit it). Researching the QX30 before we bought gave me some confidence in buying it, given the Mercedes "guts" in it. It has been a great vehicle so far, great on road trips, and great around town as well as great in the winter weather. I have visited this forum in the past for some info, being a DIY type, so figured I should finally join.

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
Welcome!

I have given up on Nissan, personally. Their hubris sticking with JATCO CVTs has been a primary contributor to killing the reputation of the brand.

The QX30 is effectively a Mercedes GLA but with Infiniti styling. They're fantastic vehicles, for what they are.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
124 Posts
Welcome!

I have given up on Nissan, personally. Their hubris sticking with JATCO CVTs has been a primary contributor to killing the reputation of the brand.

The QX30 is effectively a Mercedes GLA but with Infiniti styling. They're fantastic vehicles, for what they are.
I feel the exact same. Anything with a Nissan CVT is a pass for me, or any brand's CVT for that matter. My mother wanted a Mercedes as her next vehicle, and that's when we found the QX30. Nothing like having a Mercedes drivetrain with a much better body/look to it.

Reactions: GrimGreg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel the exact same. Anything with a Nissan CVT is a pass for me, or any brand's CVT for that matter. My mother wanted a Mercedes as her next vehicle, and that's when we found the QX30. Nothing like having a Mercedes drivetrain with a much better body/look to it.
Yeah, the CVT in my wife's Juke never gave us issues, but we also had a lifetime warranty on it because of it. It only had 25000 on it when it was totaled. I agree with the looks, not a fan of Mercedes styling personally, but aside from a few flukes their drive trains are good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts