Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after having the misfortune of having a guy (in a gorgeous 67 Chevy Pickup at that) back into QX30 while i was picking up some cleaning supplies I'm getting the QX back today and sooo ready for a nice 4th to do some detailing and TLC to her!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not that I don't feel bad for your QX30, but I feel worse for that poor 67 Chevy... What's he thinking running errands in that type of car?! Only 2 of my cars are for errands, the QX30 and the WRX. When I'm not in either of those, I come straight home and switch cars if I need to.

What's your detailing regimen? I have a guy that comes to my house that hand washes and waxes my other cars but I usually just take our daily drivers to the touchless car wash, but I'm starting to feel guilty about that and may start hand washing them...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that I don't feel bad for your QX30, but I feel worse for that poor 67 Chevy... What's he thinking running errands in that type of car?! Only 2 of my cars are for errands, the QX30 and the WRX. When I'm not in either of those, I come straight home and switch cars if I need to.

What's your detailing regimen? I have a guy that comes to my house that hand washes and waxes my other cars but I usually just take our daily drivers to the touchless car wash, but I'm starting to feel guilty about that and may start hand washing them...
It wasn't too bad of a hit, he came out with a touch of paint on his bumper and it will more than likely clear off with a buff. New bumper, foglight and grille for me lol. I did feel bad though, replacing stuff on that is way worse by far.

For detailing I always hand wash and foam gun it, If i absolutely need to clear something bad off quick and I'm on the road I'll touchless, but usually clay every few months when I wax, but I use Angelwax from Rain Drops detailing, and a ton of his other stuff. In between it's just a weekly wash with a nice ph balanced shampoo.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sounds like your car took the brunt of the damage, but glad to hear everything replaced was plastic and there wasn't any sheetmetal repair required.

Thanks for the detailing info! I'll have to pick up a foam gun but if that fancy ph balanced shampoo stuff is as expensive as my wife's fancy ph balanced shampoo, then I'll just stick to whatever Meguiars wash I can get at Walmart or Costco... :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like your car took the brunt of the damage, but glad to hear everything replaced was plastic and there wasn't any sheetmetal repair required.

Thanks for the detailing info! I'll have to pick up a foam gun but if that fancy ph balanced shampoo stuff is as expensive as my wife's fancy ph balanced shampoo, then I'll just stick to whatever Meguiars wash I can get at Walmart or Costco... :)
Left a pretty bad split in the bumper, but no other real damage. Knicked a little of the grille so they had to replace the whole deal.

Meguiars works great, and alot of the ph balanced stuff isn't too bad on price. Can be found anywhere from 10 to 40 depending on how much you'll want and you don't need more than a couple caps at a time for it, but Meguiars is definitely a top notch product!

·
Registered
82 Posts
In theory, wouldn't that mean the water coming from the hose should also be PH balanced?

Left a pretty bad split in the bumper, but no other real damage. Knicked a little of the grille so they had to replace the whole deal.

Meguiars works great, and alot of the ph balanced stuff isn't too bad on price. Can be found anywhere from 10 to 40 depending on how much you'll want and you don't need more than a couple caps at a time for it, but Meguiars is definitely a top notch product!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In theory, wouldn't that mean the water coming from the hose should also be PH balanced?
Not really, it's more about some soaps have agents to help cut grease or oils, and that's very very very bad for paint and clear coats.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well that's just scary! Thanks for the info!!

I'll stick to Meguiars, looks like Costco has some available so I'll try to pick some up this weekend.

I'm considering this foam gun from amazon, would love your opinion of it:

https://www.amazon.com/MATCC-Adjustable-Connector-Blaster-Pressure/dp/B01CE78VO8

I do have a Honda 3100psi pressure washer already.

Not really, it's more about some soaps have agents to help cut grease or oils, and that's very very very bad for paint and clear coats.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for your recommendation of the foam gun, works great!!! A neighbor pulled up while I was foaming away and was equally impressed with the amount of foam and borrowed it and he loved it!! I remember I enjoyed detailing my cars when I was younger in my teens and twenties, but in reality (at least in my current reality), who has time to hand wash and wax a car?!?! LOL!! This is why I have a detailer come over over during the week while I'm at work to take care of my other cars so I can spend my free time on weekends, especially when the weather is nice, to enjoy actually driving the cars or spending quality time with my family and friends. I was reminded this is why I buy "cheaper" daily drivers that I really don't want to fuss over... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts