Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend some cool exterior modifications, or things that would help the car pop a little. I've looked throughout the web, but sadly our car is too new, or people don't seem interested in adding things to it at all.

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
Roof rack crossbars can look good, if you're going for that active/sporty look.

I'd recommend window tint -- something in the 20-35%, depending on your local laws.

Otherwise I'd be cautious. Most "mods" cheapen the look, imo.

Reactions: Chris92SE

·
Registered
184 Posts
Window tint here is a given. It was installed on mine before I got it.
My one exterior mod was changing the silver S emblem to a Red one.
I wouldn't mind mirror caps in a brighter color, chrome or carbon fiber.
I also wouldn't mind dropping it another inch and painting the glossy black fender garnish to the same Blade Silver (that would also make it look like it has less wheel gap).
I need to remove my muffler or get an AMG muffler. It sounds too much like a CRV. It needs to sound like an Infiniti.
Oh, I changed my halogens to LED. I guess that is an exterior mod.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Stick-on non-functioning hood vents.

Just kidding of course. In addition to tints and headlight modifications, I think there was someone in the forum that painted (or applied a vinyl wrap) to the rear, silver bumper trim?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, not sure where that thread is. It looks pretty good in my opinion, too. I want to do the same thing (on my black obsidian), but haven't found a place yet. I have the silver-capped side mirrors, I'd like those to be black, along with removing/blacking out the emblems, and possibly blacking out other chrome/silver components.

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
I wish that plasti-dip fad would die, already. It has definitely decreased in popularity, thankfully. One of the easier ways to make a vehicle look "cheap" and poorly maintained, for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts