Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its seems the famous Courtney from Scottsdale Infiniti is no longer around to hook up up so trying to find advice on one. I was quoted

3/36,000 $100 deduct for $2160
5/10000 for 4200

Anybody recently purchase an extended warranty? I have to admit though it is for my q50 red sport but still a 2018 q50 red sport with 40,553 miles. Thanls for any help.

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
Extended warranties are not a good idea, imo. If the vehicle is so unreliable that you think you "need" an extended warranty, then you're better off simply not buying that vehicle.

Warranties are priced so they make money -- not so you get value.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Extended warranties are not a good idea, imo. If the vehicle is so unreliable that you think you "need" an extended warranty, then you're better off simply not buying that vehicle.

Warranties are priced so they make money -- not so you get value.
I havent had any problems yet except a belt broke that is a known issue and was fixed and adjusted. Any vehicle in these days almost no matter what it is can be really expensive to fix. Im trying to weigh out either not taking the warrranty and taking a chance, buying a warranty and divide by years and see what it costs compared to me just saving and putting in bank just incase something happens or trading car in for something I MIGHT think may be more reliable. Everything is a gamble with cars nowadays just like people say dont lease and I agree to some point. Everything comes down to whats best for each person. My car is paid for and like it but just might peace of mind its there incase I do end up with a problem like some have had with turbos. Just because some have had it doesnt mean I will. lol I could go on and on about coulda woulda should have but trying to gather as mich info as I can and decide from there. And isnt any good or service people provide is to make money {living} if not people wouldnt do it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well its seems the famous Courtney from Scottsdale Infiniti is no longer around to hook up up so trying to find advice on one. I was quoted

3/36,000 $100 deduct for $2160
5/10000 for 4200

Anybody recently purchase an extended warranty? I have to admit though it is for my q50 red sport but still a 2018 q50 red sport with 40,553 miles. Thanls for any help.
I just purchased my QX 30 from my lease this week. I purchased the extended warranty and wheel and tire insurance. Last month (before my buy out) I got a screw in one of my run flats. They can't be fixed. I had to replace it. That was $300 to replace. I got the insurance for 5 yr for $700. The extended warranty I got for 5 yr/60k for $2800. Anything goes wrong, I'm covered. How much to replace a turbo, or any thing electronic, transmission etc? Getting the coverage was a no brainer. It's healthcare for your car!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Were my car is being looked at now is a huge dealer , well meaning he has his hands in several different brands. Wonder if I could approach him a different way. Hey Im here to pick up my car and would love that extended warranty but a little steep. When I left I already asked what his best price and he said all dealers are the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Were my car is being looked at now is a huge dealer , well meaning he has his hands in several different brands. Wonder if I could approach him a different way. Hey Im here to pick up my car and would love that extended warranty but a little steep. When I left I already asked what his best price and he said all dealers are the same.
The dealership I use has 16 brands and is the only dealer I will use because of their policies and honesty. Dealers set their own prices for these packages. I did some research and no one came close. I'm very happy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dealerships buy their extended warranty policies from the insurance company, just like they buy their financing from their lender. They buy for "X" rate and sell at any markup they can get from their retail customers. I your dealership will only offer you one company/warranty, try looking at another dealership, and ask that guy to quote their warranties before you get too far into the haggling!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I havent had any problems yet except a belt broke that is a known issue and was fixed and adjusted. Any vehicle in these days almost no matter what it is can be really expensive to fix. Im trying to weigh out either not taking the warrranty and taking a chance, buying a warranty and divide by years and see what it costs compared to me just saving and putting in bank just incase something happens or trading car in for something I MIGHT think may be more reliable. Everything is a gamble with cars nowadays just like people say dont lease and I agree to some point. Everything comes down to whats best for each person. My car is paid for and like it but just might peace of mind its there incase I do end up with a problem like some have had with turbos. Just because some have had it doesnt mean I will. lol I could go on and on about coulda woulda should have but trying to gather as mich info as I can and decide from there. And isnt any good or service people provide is to make money {living} if not people wouldnt do it.
What belt broke? Is this a QX30 issue or another model?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts