Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for options on extended warranties. I have a 2017 QX30 sport with 40,000 miles. Infiniti route vs non Infiniti. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
All extended warranties are a bad financial decision, imo. They're a huge profit center for dealers, and that's why you see them pushed so heavily. They make money because they pay out way less than the cost you pay, on average.

Instead of buying warranties, save the money and invest it. You'll end up way ahead, overall.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
60 Posts
I bought mine from lease fleet so I extended the warranty just for peace of mind.
My mother got 2 years of a full warranty included with her purchase (we negotiated it with the dealer), and it has come up clutch for us. We had to have the Coolant Reservoir + Coolant Reservoir Sensor replaced, and we had to have our car looked at due to an issue with the wiring. If we had to pay out of pocket, it would've been thousands of dollars.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My exact train of thought. I flew to Maryland just to get this specific car and bring it back to Wisconsin. Already found two items that will warrant dealership work under my warranty

·
Registered
1 Posts
My exact train of thought. I flew to Maryland just to get this specific car and bring it back to Wisconsin. Already found two items that will warrant dealership work under my warranty
Ctrev21 - I've read about "pre-existing conditions" so have you had a chance to get the work done and if so were there any issues? We just bought a 2017 with 45k miles so we're trying to decide if the warranty is worth it. It is a Premium with just about every upgrade available so the electronics/tech is probably my biggest concern.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I'm scheduled to bring it in on the 15th. Think I found another issue but I will talk to them about it as well. Service manager was great. Told me to just start putting a punch list together and they'll have a loaner for me and they'll have it all day and try and take care of all my issues that I can find based on my driving it.
And yes, with all these upgrades especially with the electrical and electronics in these things I believe the warranty will pay for itself especially for a car with a 3 year run in the States.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ctrev21 - I've read about "pre-existing conditions" so have you had a chance to get the work done and if so were there any issues? We just bought a 2017 with 45k miles so we're trying to decide if the warranty is worth it. It is a Premium with just about every upgrade available so the electronics/tech is probably my biggest concern.
The warranty is 1,000,000% worth getting. Our Infiniti dealership that we bought our car from has covered two major repairs for us under warranty. We could've lost close to $4,000 if we didn't have the waranty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
got these numbers from Infiniti of Charlotte (these warranties/miles start at time of purchase).

PLATINUM Warranty with $0 Deductible

7 Years/100K miles = $3459
7 Years/70K miles = $2970
6 Years/100K miles = $3255
6 Years/85K miles = $3033
6 Years/72K miles = $2899
6 Years/60K miles = $2747
5 Years/100K miles = $2965
5 Years/75k miles = $2777
5 Years/60k miles = $2638

PLATINUM Warranty with $100 Deductible

7 Years/100K miles = $2921
7 Years/70K miles = $2633
6 Years/100K miles = $2736
6 Years/85K miles = $2624
6 Years/72K miles = $2572
6 Years/60K miles = $2527
5 Years/100K miles = $2579
5 Years/75k miles = $2509
5 Years/60k miles = $2451

·
Registered
60 Posts
What is the difference betweeen the $100 deductable and no deductable? I'm assuming with the $100 Deductable you would only need to pay $100 at most, and the rest of a repair would be covered?

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
I assume those are aftermarket warranties and not Infiniti?

I'd avoid them.

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
I don't think they're aftermarket warranties.
Many dealers (probably most) offer aftermarket warranties either in addition to, or in lieu of manufacturer extended warranties. Many dealers won't even tell you about the manufacturer options and instead push their preferred aftermarket warranties quite aggressively -- they make more money on them.

I would ALWAYS avoid the aftermarket warranty options, and I generally recommend declining the manufacturer extended warranty, as well. No matter who you buy from, the warranty company has run the numbers and they will always be in their favor. They take in enough in premiums to cover not only their claims, but also administrative overhead and profit. Much better to make a thoughtful purchase and only buy something you believe will be reliable, then save the money you would have spent on the warranty for a "rainy day".

Reactions: ryanetty78

·
Registered
60 Posts
Many dealers (probably most) offer aftermarket warranties either in addition to, or in lieu of manufacturer extended warranties. Many dealers won't even tell you about the manufacturer options and instead push their preferred aftermarket warranties quite aggressively -- they make more money on them.

I would ALWAYS avoid the aftermarket warranty options, and I generally recommend declining the manufacturer extended warranty, as well. No matter who you buy from, the warranty company has run the numbers and they will always be in their favor. They take in enough in premiums to cover not only their claims, but also administrative overhead and profit. Much better to make a thoughtful purchase and only buy something you believe will be reliable, then save the money you would have spent on the warranty for a "rainy day".
Wow that's interesting. I agree about the reliability. I would rather buy a car that I feel is reliable instead of a car that is questionable. My mother's car has needed the factory warranty 2 or 3 times already, so when the warranty on her car is starting to run out I will help her find something more reliable...

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
shti, they got me on that one....however...they have been in business 41 years and have a BBB A+ rating -- Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc.
BBB ratings are paid for.

I'd pass.

·
Registered
60 Posts
BBB ratings are paid for.

I'd pass.
I would pass as well. I could only imagine the pain in the ass it would be to try and have them fix something major.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Exactly this, just as I was explaining to the dealership guy on my last purchase. I broke it down for him by asking him why he thought a $2200 warranty was such a good deal. He then proceeded to tell me all the costs I could incur from various repairs. I said true, but this will be the 4th vehicle I buy from you guys without an extended warranty. I have yet to take them into the shop for repairs. So as of today I'm ahead by $6600 at that cost and $8800 if this car does the same for me. So the question is do you see me getting $8800 in repairs on this car? He then moved onto the next upsale. Over time you can let them win the bet by always purchasing the warranty, or you win by keeping that money. That's not even pointing out the fact that in most cases these extended warranties are on financed dollars. I'm always going to bet on me taking care of my vehicles, and I'll have some set aside if the day comes I need an expensive repair out of pocket.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts