Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the size and pitch of the engine oil drain plug threads?

I'd like to purchase a Fumoto drain valve in advance of my first oil change, and I'm getting conflicting information.

Fumoto does not know for sure what size the QX30 drain plug is.

They say that all other Infiniti vehicles use a M12-1.25 drain plug, which would correspond to a Fumoto F103SX.

However, the The Mercedes Benz GLA250 -- for which the QX30 is based -- uses a M14-1.5 drain plug, which would correspond to a Fumoto F106SX.

So the question is: Does Infiniti use the GLA250 oil pan? Or did they engineer their own?

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you asked the dealer yet?
Dealer didn't know. I was surprised and asked how it was possible for them not to know since they do replace the washer at every oil change.... right? right?

I received blank stares.

So apparently my dealer doesn't replace drain plug gaskets during oil changes. I will not be taking my vehicle there for any paid services, for sure.

They did give me the part # for the drain plug, but their system didn't show any information on sizing... I can measure the plug when I take it out, but then I won't have time to obtain the correct replacement part.

I assumed this question would have come up, before... But I'm learning that this is simply NOT a popular vehicle, and information is sparse.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Agreed. One of the biggest drawbacks for future owners will be the limited information about these vehicles and the uncertainty of part interchangeability with the GLA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts