Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a problem with FEB (Forward Emergency Braking) in my Q(X)30. I bought a car with this error on the dash (Emergency brake inoperative) and I'm still not able to find any solution how to fix this or even gain information on what is wrong. I tried to use some scan tools like Car Scanner (it works awesome in my Q50 - can use Consult3 protocols) but no error codes! I tried to find some fuse for this front radar but no success - not sure if any exists but all fuses are OK in my car. Also tried to check if the front radar which is located after the front emblem is properly connected and everything looks good.
The question is, how to find out what exactly causes this Emergency Brake Inoperative error. Do I need some special scanning tool as this is Mercedes based car?
Is there someone who has some idea what can I check more before I visit the dealer?

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
Without connecting a real scan tool (not the inadequate phone apps) and getting the actual DTCs, you're basically just looking for a needle in a haystack.

If you have access to the tools to pull codes, then that will give you a decent place to start. Otherwise, you should go to the dealer, imo.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
131 Posts
For me it was a loose wire to the PCM. The dealer covered the repair under warranty for us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Without connecting a real scan tool (not the inadequate phone apps) and getting the actual DTCs, you're basically just looking for a needle in a haystack.

If you have access to the tools to pull codes, then that will give you a decent place to start. Otherwise, you should go to the dealer, imo.
Thanks, do you know if the dealer is using Consult3+ for QX30/Q30 or they have some other tool for this Mercedes car? ;-)

For me it was a loose wire to the PCM. The dealer covered the repair under warranty for us.
What is PCM exactly? If this it's a wiring problem in my car I probably can check this but need to find this module :)

Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
Thanks, do you know if the dealer is using Consult3+ for QX30/Q30 or they have some other tool for this Mercedes car? ;-)
They use Consult III+. They’re retrofit the necessary code to work with the QX30 in versions released after the QX30 came to market.

3rd party scan tools can also be used…. Autel, Snap-On, Bosch…. Stuff like that.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
131 Posts
What is PCM exactly? If this it's a wiring problem in my car I probably can check this but need to find this module :)

Thanks guys!
It's one of the main computers. I also remember it being an issue with the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) as well with our car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same.problem with my Q30 after 6 weeks of purchasing it and took it back to the garage no fault was showing they took it in a second time and kept it for 2 days and found the fault it was one of the ABS sensors or wheel speed sensor if you want to call it that car hasn't came back with the error since.

·
Registered
Infiniti Qx30
22 Posts
Hey all,

I have a problem with FEB (Forward Emergency Braking) in my Q(X)30. I bought a car with this error on the dash (Emergency brake inoperative) and I'm still not able to find any solution how to fix this or even gain information on what is wrong. I tried to use some scan tools like Car Scanner (it works awesome in my Q50 - can use Consult3 protocols) but no error codes! I tried to find some fuse for this front radar but no success - not sure if any exists but all fuses are OK in my car. Also tried to check if the front radar which is located after the front emblem is properly connected and everything looks good.
The question is, how to find out what exactly causes this Emergency Brake Inoperative error. Do I need some special scanning tool as this is Mercedes based car?
Is there someone who has some idea what can I check more before I visit the dealer?
I had such a mistake at Qx30. I managed it myself.
write to me, does your cruise control work?

My problem was a badly calibrated radar in the bumper.
I set it up by trial and error, and it works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts