Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new QX 30 Premium AWD with all of the packages. Got into the car with my sales person, and he started going over everything with me. Second thing he did was try to show me the cameras. When he pressed the button, nothing happened. It's now been two days, since I bought it, haven't even driven it, and it's still not fixed. At the earliest, it may be fixed Monday.

I was told that they're working with Infiniti to diagnos the issue, and may need to replace the main harness. I haven't spoken with a service rep yet (expecting a call tomorrow morning), so I don't have any more specifics at this time.

Anyone have any electronics issues or any similar experiences to this?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. So far, I've been very calm about the whole thing. They offered a gift card, I'm thinking that's not going to cut it at this point.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure. They're talking about a "$12,000 repair" and Infiniti is helping them diagnos it. I'd imagine they've moved past the "simple" things at this point. At least I certainly hope so.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry to hear that, OP. The only "electronic" problem that I had on delivery was that the passenger seat would not move forward and back. It turned out to be a simple fuse issue that was resolved immediately.

My surround camera works flawlessly and I am able to toggle between all of the camera views while in drive and reverse. The motion object detection seems to work as well. Hopefully they can resolve the issue on your QX30. The surround camera view, parking sensors, etc., were a must-have for me...these cars are very difficult to see out of due to the short windows and thick pillars.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I finally got my car back. 2 weeks to the day. They gave me 2 years of maintenance. Pretty unhappy with the whole experience, specifically with the dealership. I think they could have done better with communication and offered something on top of the maintenance (which Infiniti gave me, not the dealership)

I spent a little time with it, and so far things seem ok. I've noticed a few things that didn't get put back together right, though. Hopefully things will just be ok now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, I finally got my car back. 2 weeks to the day. They gave me 2 years of maintenance. Pretty unhappy with the whole experience, specifically with the dealership. I think they could have done better with communication and offered something on top of the maintenance (which Infiniti gave me, not the dealership)

I spent a little time with it, and so far things seem ok. I've noticed a few things that didn't get put back together right, though. Hopefully things will just be ok now.
That's ridiculous. You can call Infiniti Consumer Affairs. I made one minor complaint to them, and they gave me 2 years of maintenance. You should easily be able to get more with as much hassle you had.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I might do that. I don't really like causing a ruckus, but this was genuinely disappointing. I've never owned a car like this before, and this whole experience so far has been awful.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry to hear of your experience, but can totally understand how something like this can leave an awful taste in your mouth.

Not to add to it, but I would definitely complain very loudly asap to your salesman for more than a 2 year maintenance plan that basically covers 4 oil changes and tire rotations for your troubles. I had that included by my salesman when I bought the car during negotiations without even asking for it. I would ask for an extended maintenance plan or an extended warranty. The sales and the service divisions usually have different allowances and concessions they can offer. Potentially hurting any future business and pr/marketing damage impacts the sales division and is the last thing they want to happen.

Document everything including why you are unhappy with specific actions of the dealership and then ask to speak to the dealerships owner/gm if they aren't willing to offer something in return. This is just business, not personal for them, so stay calm during the discussions. I always go straight to my salesman with any issues and concerns and he takes care of me.

Please keep us posted. Good luck!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks tt6. I received a survey right after I purchased the car (the survey goes to Infiniti and the dealership, I believe). I didn't fill it out until I got my car. I left very frank and honest feedback. I then contacted the dealership and gave them the exact same feedback. This was on Friday, I haven't heard anything yet. Unfortunately, my salesperson is young and I don't think this particular person is equipped to address my concerns in full, especially since this person was part of the problem (not following through on things, for one). Once I added up what the free maintenance was, I realized that's hardly anything at all, especially considering what's happened. I actually have to go into a dealership tomorrow (going to a different one for this) because the microphone by the SOS button is hanging down and keeps popping out of place (that's how the car was delivered to me). I'll be sure to continue providing updates.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I can't believe they actually delivered the car to you with the microphone like that, that's terrible! I would've taken the car back to the same dealership to repair it so they have documentation for everything that was wrong on the car when asking for some additional compensation for all your troubles. If they won't go for extended warranty or maintenance plan, you can ask for a credit on your account for any future service/parts. Try to take pictures of all the issues for your records.

Since your salesman is part of the issue, I would reach out directly to the owner/gm. An email with detailed documentation including the names and dates of each occurrence along with pictures is going to be hard for them to ignore.

Thanks tt6. I received a survey right after I purchased the car (the survey goes to Infiniti and the dealership, I believe). I didn't fill it out until I got my car. I left very frank and honest feedback. I then contacted the dealership and gave them the exact same feedback. This was on Friday, I haven't heard anything yet. Unfortunately, my salesperson is young and I don't think this particular person is equipped to address my concerns in full, especially since this person was part of the problem (not following through on things, for one). Once I added up what the free maintenance was, I realized that's hardly anything at all, especially considering what's happened. I actually have to go into a dealership tomorrow (going to a different one for this) because the microphone by the SOS button is hanging down and keeps popping out of place (that's how the car was delivered to me). I'll be sure to continue providing updates.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My car is finally fixed (as of today). Long story short, they gave me free service for 3 years/30,000 miles. A little disappointing, frankly. That comes out to 3 oil changes, 6 tire rotations, 1 brake fluid replacement, 1 air filter, and a round of inspections. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it, it just seems inadequate relative to the issues I've had. I spoke with Infiniti Consume Affairs, and then to a regional case manager - they were either unwilling or unable to offer me anything in addition to the free service. Basically, it was pointless to contact them. I also found them to be slightly combative as opposed to understanding. They kept telling me to talk to the dealership even after I explained to them that the dealership was part of the problem.

I'm going to a new dealership now, so far they've been good. They replaced the mic in my car so everything should be good now (assuming it didn't pop back out).

The past month has been frustrating and overall I'm dissatisfied with the dealership I purchased the car from and with Infiniti Consumer Affairs. But, I also want to move on. I thought about writing a letter to Infiniti to explain the series of events, but I got the feeling that they don't care so I probably won't.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My car is finally fixed (as of today). Long story short, they gave me free service for 3 years/30,000 miles. A little disappointing, frankly. That comes out to 3 oil changes, 6 tire rotations, 1 brake fluid replacement, 1 air filter, and a round of inspections. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it, it just seems inadequate relative to the issues I've had. I spoke with Infiniti Consume Affairs, and then to a regional case manager - they were either unwilling or unable to offer me anything in addition to the free service. Basically, it was pointless to contact them. I also found them to be slightly combative as opposed to understanding. They kept telling me to talk to the dealership even after I explained to them that the dealership was part of the problem.

I'm going to a new dealership now, so far they've been good. They replaced the mic in my car so everything should be good now (assuming it didn't pop back out).

The past month has been frustrating and overall I'm dissatisfied with the dealership I purchased the car from and with Infiniti Consumer Affairs. But, I also want to move on. I thought about writing a letter to Infiniti to explain the series of events, but I got the feeling that they don't care so I probably won't.
Infiniti consumer affairs cut me a check for one monthly lease payment when I had far less problems on my 2014 Infiniti Q50...Push them and I know they'll do the same for you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I thought about writing a letter to Infiniti to explain the series of events, but I got the feeling that they don't care so I probably won't.
All that would do is open a new case with Infiniti consumer affairs. Infiniti consumer affairs handles all consumer complaints.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm glad that everything with your car is finally sorted out and the new dealership is handling things better. I can understand how you would want to put this whole series of events behind you but sending an email complete with details and pictures to Infiniti isn't a bad idea and may be worth it if they are willing to give you a monthly payment credit like they did for q50aggie.

Either way, now just try to enjoy driving the car and start finding things to nit-pick about like the rest of us do. LOL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got my AWD Premium on 8/25. The center screen went blank when put in reverse and never came back until restarting the car. Happened two times this afternoon. Pretty frustrating! Wonder if Benz GLA 250 has the same problem or same time of SNAFU for brand new ones.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts