Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

Electrical and Sensor problems- Excuses?

16K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  alexmed2002 
#1 ·
Hello All, this is a first for me. I have read the many posts and mine seems to contain a bit of everything. Started with a faulty usb port and fuse. Then we had the Stop the car and have it towed to nearest dealership warning on the flat screen, with the accompanying immediate email, warning that warrantee could be voided if you continue driving. No engine light on cluster though. It was attributed to upcoming airbag recall. A couple of weeks later, rear passenger window would go down when cornering or braking. Changed switches and rebooted system. Cameras started to work in drive instead of reverse. Then had second "pull over immediat...." warning and email. Kept car for a week said it was good now. Third "pull over immed..." scanned car , now blamed on faulty sensor in windsheild washer container. Awaiting delivery of this part and 4th time for the flashing red warning on flat screen and email. Realized that during this time i have run out of gas 2x, been blaming myself for getting old, but have never run out of gas before , EVER. Ready to blow, just found this forum so i guess i need to start paper trail with Infiniti Canada. It's is a 2017 qx30s.

#2 ·
I have never had any of these issues and I am coming up on a year of having my Qx30. It sounds like a definite example of a Lemon Law candidate. Do you have that in Canada? Hopefully, you took pictures of the screen and everything when it happened. If that were my car, I would fight hard to get a new one and let them deal with that instead of you being hassled to bring it in repeatedly. Good luck and post an update.

#4 ·
Check your wiring harness inside the top of your hatch. Mine is crushed on the left side. Infiniti won't replace since it's an $11,000 repair. Regional manager told me everything electrical runs through that harness and the wiring is getting pinched every time the hatch is opened and closed. She also said they won't do anything since I haven't had any problems "yet" with the electrical system. She also said that even if/when they replace it, it will happen again. If it's crushed once, it's going to get crushed again.

She also said while my case has been documented she can't guarantee that if these problems don't occur until after the warranty expires, that Infiniti will be willing to assist me.

I was told the only way something will be done is if enough people have this problem and complain to consumer affairs. IMHO it is a design flaw that Infiniti won't own up to.

#5 ·
Interested in how others have been dealt with with power / control issues

I had owned my qx30 just over 2 weeks when I had a message come up that the 4wd system was unavailable and my local dealer has had the car in for repair for over 2 weeks now apparently the 4wd system has no power getting to it but they have referred the diagnostics back to infiniti hq.

Thus far I have found dealing with Infiniti easy and using their breakdown service was a piece of cake they have even provided me with a hire car while mine is in for repair.

#8 ·
Mine has had the backup cam stay on while I was driving forward (this has happened twice). I made a video on my phone and took it to the dealer after the second time. Of course, they couldn't get it to do it, but at least I had the video.

They also said it was something they called corporate about and they were told it was a software issue. That was around mid November and now it hasn't happened since.

#7 ·
Well an update I have the car back and Infiniti blamed a dashcam that was fitted. Not convinced the camera was installed professionally so the fitter is going to speak directly to the garage that had the car in for repair. Strange they handed it back to me without any charge even thought they said the problem was due to 3rd party.

#12 ·
Can they prove that it is rodents vs some other type of failure? Do you live in an area where that could be possible?
If it was rodent damage, would they have not been able to chew up a different car?

Sorry about what sounds like incredibly bad luck... What about insurance? I would give them a call...

#14 ·
They showed me the damage and it was pretty obvious that the wires were chewed. $1300 to fix. I filed a claim. My statement of regret was based on seeing so many reports in this forum of electrical issues similar to mine that Infiniti couldn’t diagnose and seemed to look for excuses.

#15 ·
You have to understand that the QX30 is not an Infiniti...it is a Mercedes Benz with an Infiniti body. Everything about this car mechanically and electrically is MB except the infotainment.

Infiniti doesn't know how to fix them without assistance because they have never had a vehicle that was a joint venture with another automaker. From everything I have read, these and the MB GLA-250 are pretty reliable cars.

My QX30 has 42K miles (I bought it at 36K). The service history only has the coolant level sensor and a rear door seal as repairs done to it.

#18 ·
I checked with my local Mercedes about the transmission service. 10 minutes into my appointment the service advisor explained their computer software can’t connect to the TCM because the Infiniti VIN numbers aren’t on their software. So they can’t do the service

I had it done at Infiniti at 74k miles. Transmission hasn’t had any issues and I’m at 78k now.

I have had the abs and traction control inoperative warnings show up 4 or 5 times. They always went away within a day. I have to look up what the wiring harness looks like but I haven’t checked it yet. Some are also saying it could be a low battery issue. I had the main battery checked at autozone and it did come up as low.

#19 ·
I have had the abs and traction control inoperative warnings show up 4 or 5 times. They always went away within a day. I have to look up what the wiring harness looks like but I haven’t checked it yet.
It's most likely your throttle position sensor, and/or the wiring that connects it in the car. If you still have a warranty then have them repair that issue. Just don't forget to take pictures when it happens so you have proof.

Reactions: moose64
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.