Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Great news on the seats! I knew they would take care of you.
About the QX50...nice interior and I love the technology idea of the engine versitility, but they dropped the ball by not making it as powerful as many other four-cylinder turbos out there already. The 2.0 AMG, Honda’s new 2.0 turbo, Cadillac’s 2.0. There are actually several more that beat it in power...then add the CVT to make it a little more boring. It’s nowhere as fun as driving the QX30 and nowhere near the power of the EX35/EX37. They did a lot right with that EX as evidenced by longevity of the design and the VQ HR. One of the most reliable cars I’ve ever had.
I’m looking forward to infiniti tuning the output of the 2.0 VC a bit more and dropping that in another vehicle with a more exciting transmission.
Congrats again on the seats and keep a close eye on them to see if whatever that was starts to happen again.
QX50's new VC Turbo was a bit weird and we all know CVT is weird (and not fun). QX50's exterior/interior is beautiful plus the leather felt much nicer than our leathers in QX30.

Reactions: __XIS__

·
Registered
74 Posts
we all know CVT is weird (and not fun). QX50's exterior/interior is beautiful plus the leather felt much nicer than our leathers in QX30.
I'm guessing you haven't driven a new QX50. The CVT is not "weird". Its fantastic compared to any other CVT I've driven. And I'll take it over the DCT for any type of normal, daily driving.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm guessing you haven't driven a new QX50. The CVT is not "weird". Its fantastic compared to any other CVT I've driven. And I'll take it over the DCT for any type of normal, daily driving.
I am the OP who had the seat replaced and had the QX50 for 2 days.

Yes, compare to CVT in Lexus 200h, Camry etc, QX50's CVT was better, but it is still weird on my book.

I might be spoiled by my F82 M4 or Golf R (DCT or DSG). I am not referring them to any track driving.. just normal, daily driving to supermarkets. Absolutely no transmission jerking or slow response time like CVT does in low speed.

Reactions: __XIS__

·
Registered
2 Posts
UPDATE!

The dealer had to get an approval from the Infiniti HQ and Infiniti approved the seat replacement. QX30 is at the dealership and I got a brand new QX50 loaner... (Essential AWD w/ BOSE upgraded speakers = $48k MSRP)

I've only driven QX50 for about 50 miles (highway/city/twisty rural). QX50 moves like a feather (big thanks to higher TQ), and the steering feedback is absolutely amazing. Driver visibility is excellent and I barely used 360 camera when parking. CVT didn't feel like a typical CVT in Lexus/Mazda/Toyota (frequent work rentals....).

However, there are a few stuff that I am not too happy about...
  • Speedometer is on the right, and RPM meter is on the left (picture attached)
  • Super weak front windshield wiper fluid spray (dollar store water gun quality shooting)
  • No unlock all doors option when touching the front door handles
  • USB slot location fail (if you use USB to load music, then you cannot close the compartment door. Cup holders are right next to the USB slots - so be careful not to spill anything!! - picture attached)
Overall - I am happy about my QX30. :)
Hey man, I am actually having the same issue with my QX30. The vehicle is with the dealer expecting to replace the seat and I have a question did they replace the whole seat or just the bottom seat?
Regards!

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
60 Posts
Hey man, I am actually having the same issue with my QX30. The vehicle is with the dealer expecting to replace the seat and I have a question did they replace the whole seat or just the bottom seat?
Regards!
I would imagine they would only replace the bottom cushion (if it is even available as a part) because it's much cheaper, especially if that was the only area that was having issues. If the whole seat was having issues then they would probably have to replace the whole seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would imagine they would only replace the bottom cushion (if it is even available as a part) because it's much cheaper, especially if that was the only area that was having issues. If the whole seat was having issues then they would probably have to replace the whole seat.

Big bad news! I just received the reply from Infiniti Mexico and they blamed for the cracking.

The reason is that I did not moisturized the leather (I actually moisturized it) and the way I get in the car is wrong. I feel absolutely dissapointed about this issue, I´ve had different brand car and nothing of this happened with the leather.

NEVER gonna buy again an Infiniti

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
Go to an upholstery shop and they should be able to replace the skin of the seat bottom for much less than a new seat.

As for warranty coverage, it’s a complicated issue. It can be a defect, but it can also be excessive wear/tear. Can you post pictures of the issue? What product did you use to protect the leather? How often did you apply it?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts