Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking for some service manual to QX30/Q30. Unfortunately I'm not able to find anything.
In my Q30 I do not have Door Hazard Lights (this red light) and I want to add it. I know that in front doors there are some 'Front Door Control Units' and I found info that these lights should be connected to this. In some topic on this page I found this screen shot from some service manual. How can I get this Right Front Door Control unit wiring diagram? :D Someone can share service manual file?

·
Super Moderator
469 Posts
The Infiniti QX30 service manual is available for purchase at the same source of all Infiniti Service Manuals: Infiniti TechInfo. The cost is $210.00.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thank you. Unfortunately I'm still not able to find a pin (by using simple wire with bulb) in this door module that I would connect this light :/. 10 pins connector (with 9 pins as on schema above) is 5 or 6 or 7. As I understand correctly, the pin I'm looking for should have power when door is open and no power when door is closed.

·
Super Moderator
469 Posts
Great thank you. Unfortunately I'm still not able to find a pin (by using simple wire with bulb) in this door module that I would connect this light :/. 10 pins connector (with 9 pins as on schema above) is 5 or 6 or 7. As I understand correctly, the pin I'm looking for should have power when door is open and no power when door is closed.
Matching the connector shape, it would appear to be connector SIX on your module. Pins 53+54, which are the two pins towards the edge of the controller, next to the "missing" pin.

Keep in mind that if your vehicle did not come with a feature the module MAY not have the software loaded to support it. Sometimes the software is there and you just need to add the hardware... But sometimes you would need to reflash the module with the proper software to support the option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hmm thanks, that make sense.
In this free book (http://ctoprework.lms.nnanet.com/tech/2017InfinitiQX30Text.pdf) I can see an info that there are two types of module:
1. With super lock and blind spot warning
2. Without super lock and blind spot warning

Not sure what exactly this "super lock" function is but I guess it stands for keyless & door handle sensor. However in in the same book there is also info

Regardless of type, all door modules are software compatible with the following vehicle features: • 7DCT • Auto dimming • Electric folding mirrors • Seat memory • Ambient lighting.

BTW:

I also found a picture of door panel with purple & blue connector. My door panel has only blue connector. Purple connector on door matches the SIX slot (also purple) on module so.. it must be this.:rolleyes:

I must check it again, thanks for advices!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay I finally made it. If someone wants to add these lights this is a hint how to do this:

I had to make bypass because pins 53/54 in purple (six) slot are dead in my module. In purple slot I have only one pin with power (58) so I take this as permanent power. The problem was how to make light off when the door is closed.. I figured out that in green connector (seven) there is a wire which is responsible for turn off interior lights. When I add ground to this wire, then interior lights is getting off. So I take this as ground (minus) for my light and finally it works perfectly. Light is on when I open the door and off when the door is closed.

·
Super Moderator
469 Posts
Did you just stick a terminal on the pin? Have you considered ordering the connector so you can wire these up safely?

What is the current draw of the light? Did you make sure you're not overloading anything?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts