Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another silly question from me. I absolutely love the sport seats and I love the synthetic suede. Mine are not heated...You’d never know it but mornings in the desert are cold! so I was wondering, do you think they produced two different seats? Suede with a heating element and suede without? Or do you think the non-heated seats actually might just need a switch or some type of power source and Infiniti actually just produced one seat and that heating element is in all of them just in case a dealer is able to sell that as an add-on. Wishful thinking?

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
Probably wishful thinking. But you can confirm in your car, if you like.

The heated seats are activated over the CAN bus, and the switches are integrated into the Upper Control Panel Control Unit.

The Seat Control Unit is what supplies power to the heating elements. The Seat Control Unit is located underneath each seat:

Check to see if you have wires in pins 32/35 (blue connector) and 66/67 (purple connector) on the Driver/Passenger Seat Control Units.

If you have those wires, it stands to reason you have the heating elements. If you don't have those wires, then you do not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are awesome! Thank you very much!! I will check in the daylight after work one of theas days this week.
Is that factory service manual posted anywhere? It was more than a great help on the EX35 forum / NICO club. I referred to it dozens and dozens of times for all the little things I did

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
You are awesome! Thank you very much!! I will check in the daylight after work one of theas days this week.
Is that factory service manual posted anywhere? It was more than a great help on the EX35 forum / NICO club. I referred to it dozens and dozens of times for all the little things I did
https://www.infiniti-techinfo.com/home.aspx

You can either do a subscription, or you can buy individual manuals.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well I’m going to guess and say that I don’t even have the same connectors so I don’t have the same seat heaters. My connectors only go up to Pin 31. Blue and purple

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
Well I’m going to guess and say that I don’t even have the same connectors so I don’t have the same seat heaters. My connectors only go up to Pin 31. Blue and purple
The pin numbers I quoted were from the perspective of the Seat Control Unit.

I believe pin 1/4 on the blue harness correspond to 35/32 on the Seat Control Unit. Based on your picture, it does appear that there are contacts in those pin locations.

Do you have an ohmmeter? If so, measure the resistance across those pins. If it is an open circuit, then you most likely do not have heater elements installed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wow I just got all tingly :) I don’t have one but I believe my father does so I will check and if he doesn’t I’ll buy a cheap one to find out. So if it’s a closed circuit there’s a good chance I have the heating element? This could pre-pretty cool !
Thank you again for your knowledge and taking the time to reply. I appreciate it

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
So if it’s a closed circuit there’s a good chance I have the heating element?
Probably. I would expect between 1 and 12 ohms resistance on a "good" automotive heating pad. If you get something within that range, there is a good indication you have a heating pad connected to the wiring harness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts