Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fit some type of cover over the dead pedal? I hate that it's just carpet and the oem floor mats don't cover it. Getting a generic pedal for it is on my list of things to do.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the rest area for your left foot. We just have carpeting on that area and mine is already showing signs of wear after only 1000 miles. Most cars at least have a plastic covering on it, my other Infiniti's always did. Other cars that have sporty/aluminum pedals have one there as well like my other cars. Wonder if the Sport version has anything there? Hopefully any Sport version owners will chime in. :)

I found some other oem and generic ones but none specifically for this car so I will be fitting one on there once the weather warms up. I'd prefer a black plastic one that matches the other pedals, but here's an example of one on amazon: http://a.co/j9nyPe7

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, great find, thanks! I hate ebay but may have to open an account just for this. Did you buy this item already? Any feedback on fitment and quality?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow, great find, thanks! I hate ebay but may have to open an account just for this. Did you buy this item already? Any feedback on fitment and quality?
Haven't purchased myself...but it's been on my watch list for awhile. Still debating whether we want to spend the money on something like this since the car is leased.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am guessing our cars have the same size dead pedal area as a Mercedes GLA and there are some standalone covers on ebay for about $15 with free shipping. It looks like the same thing as pictured, without the brake and throttle pedal covers. They both show the red backing tape. Hopefully, that stuff won't damage the carpet if you go to pull it up in three years. That, or they won't even notice.

I didn't check Amazon, but there are probably some there, too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I can't find just a normal black plastic oem-matching cover, I'll prolly get the 3-piece set linked above from ebay. I think just the dead pedal cover being stainless would look out of place...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have 200 miles on mine and I can start to see some were already, I picked up this on Amazon last week, its a 5x7 super thin adhesive hand gun gripping. I can't remember the name of the product but it's easy to cut. Not super sticky but doesn't look like it will just fall of either and it was only $9 with my Amazon Prime.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts

Yes that is the one I got from Amazon.

The only think I would have done different is round off the 4 corners just a little bit to give it that clean look. Also my kick panel had a slight curve to it and didn't noticed it until I stuck the pad on if you wanted that neater look trim at slight angle towards the bottom.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just for everyone who was curious, I ended up purchasing this set on Ebay. I think it worked out well and it looks great. The dead pedal fits well, and so does the brake and gas covers.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Look for a stainless steel gas and break combo that's included the foot rest for a Mercedes Benz GLA250 in Amazon, I got mine and it's look excellent...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts