Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I didn't have a good experience when I leased my vehicle so I am reluctant to give them more of my money. I've been looking online for how much Service B should cost and what is done to the vehicle during this service. I am thinking of taking it to just a jiffy lube or somewhere else, just not the dealer. Is this a good/bad idea? How much should I pay and what is typically done during this service B? Any info would help a lot.

Thanks!
Juan

·
Registered
53 Posts
Definitely go to an independent shop, not an Infiniti dealer. By law, you can go anywhere you want, including doing it yourself, as long as you document it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can have your car serviced (oil and fluid changes) at any independent shop or Jiffy Lube/Valvoline quick change type of shop. Just keep your receipts just in case even though the VIN gets scanned. You are not bound to only having the dealer do your quick oil changes, I've mixed it up, once at the dealer and once at JL and then back to the dealer that way there is a record of you spending money at the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
380 Posts
Please do not take your car to Jiffy Lube or any other chain quick-lube place. They’re just the worst. DIY is best if you’re competent. Otherwise find a mechanic you trust — independent or dealer. But NEVER the quick-lube places.

Reactions: Rapidfirerob4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts