Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm guessing they haven't issued a recall for the coolant alert problem as of August 4, 2022? I have been getting this alert since I bought the car last year. It's even doing it in the summer as well. Question: if I have my mechanic replace the coolant tank will it void the rest of my warranty? Thanks...

· Super Moderator
662 Posts
It wouldn't void your warranty.... But it should be covered under warranty (unless you're already out of warranty). Take it to the dealer and let them replace it if you're still covered. It's a super-common problem.

· Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
161 Posts
It wouldn't void your warranty.... But it should be covered under warranty (unless you're already out of warranty). Take it to the dealer and let them replace it if you're still covered. It's a super-common problem.
The Infiniti dealer we got our car from took the car in and fixed the coolant reservoir issue with 0 questions asked. They replaced the coolant reservoir (since the faulty sensor is in it) and flushed the coolant and put new coolant inside. It was all covered under warranty.

Reactions: JDSQX30 LUXE

· Registered
7 Posts
I'm guessing they haven't issued a recall for the coolant alert problem as of August 4, 2022? I have been getting this alert since I bought the car last year. It's even doing it in the summer as well. Question: if I have my mechanic replace the coolant tank will it void the rest of my warranty? Thanks...
I only got it once last year. Added a little coolant and haven’t had any issues since. The only repeated issue I’ve had is the windshield wiper fluid sprayers not working.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only got it once last year. Added a little coolant and haven’t had any issues since. The only repeated issue I’ve had is the windshield wiper fluid sprayers not working.
I took it in for an oil change at the dealer I bought it from and they checked the coolant level and said it didn't need any. Taking it to Infiniti next week...we'll see what they say.

· Registered
4 Posts
I got same engine coolant warning on my QX30 and I neglected it for weeks and now it is almost a gallon low. I went to dealership they checked for leaks and filled the tank. Infiniti service said QX30 vehicles designed in a way that coolant will evaporate and we can ask Infiniti service to check the coolant level during each service.

· Registered
161 Posts
I got same engine coolant warning on my QX30 and I neglected it for weeks and now it is almost a gallon low. I went to dealership they checked for leaks and filled the tank. Infiniti service said QX30 vehicles designed in a way that coolant will evaporate and we can ask Infiniti service to check the coolant level during each service.
Are you still under warranty?

· Registered
161 Posts
I would take it to the dealer again and have them replace the coolant reservoir along with the coolant itself. There is a sensor in the reservoir that is faulty. You should not be loosing that much coolant (1 gallon). This is a very common issue among these cars and our dealer admitted it themselves. They replaced the parts mentioned earlier for free for us.

· Registered
4 Posts
I would take it to the dealer again and have them replace the coolant reservoir along with the coolant itself. There is a sensor in the reservoir that is faulty. You should not be loosing that much coolant (1 gallon). This is a very common issue among these cars and our dealer admitted it themselves. They replaced the parts mentioned earlier for free for us.
I guess I cant take it to the dealer again. Since I don’t have this warning anymore. I’ll definitely ask about replacing the reservoir next time.

· Registered
161 Posts
I guess I cant take it to the dealer again. Since I don’t have this warning anymore. I’ll definitely ask about replacing the reservoir next time.
Make sure you take a picture of it next time it happens (or even a video, as well) so you have something to show them.

· Registered
9 Posts
I had a coolant leak at the turbo. There are O-rings on the coolant lines that start leaking on the turbo. Also I have noticed that the overflow cap will start to leak a small amount. I undo the cap and clean the O-ring and the brass seal in the overflow. The brass gets corroded from the coolant.

· Registered
34 Posts
dang, woke up to this same msg, checked the reservoir and saw the coolant line hasn't moved from the top as always.

i took it to the dealership in 2018 and they replaced the reservoir back then.

now I'm at 52k miles and likely out of warranty(2017 model).

any idea how much it is to fix out of warranty? if i can avoid the stealership

1 - 15 of 15 Posts