Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just noticed that the speedometer has two speed increments. Between 0-80 MPH, the interval labels are divided by 10 MPH After 80 MPH, the next interval label marking is 100 MPH (i.e., +20 MPH). Very interesting.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just a design decision perhaps? Once you're over 80, you're speeding (at least in the US, I don't believe there are any legal speed limits over 80). So there may not be as much of a need to know the difference between 85 and 95 like there is for 55 and 65.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Two things:

1. If you look under your car (this may apply to AWD models only), it looks like there is a panel missing. I think this is normal, but I'm surprised that there is nothing there.
  2. The tire pressure monitoring system accounts for outside temperature, I think. Over this past weekend, I was driving in hot weather (over 90 degrees Fahrenheit) and my dashboard tells me to correct my tire pressure. It reported that the current PSI on on all tires was above 35 PSI on the right side. I think this means that at cold temperature, the PSI would be below the recommended PSI.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I haven't seen that happen. Lately, I've been tracking/adjusting my tire pressure. I've seen my tires go down to 32 and up to 38 depending on temp/driving, and I do not get any alerts. I believe the dealer had everything set at 35 (all around), and I've adjusted the rear tires to be at 32 cold, keeping the front at 35 cold.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Interesting. A PSI of 35 at 100 degrees Fahrenheit is roughly 29-30-ish at 30 degrees Fahrenheit. It is accounting for outside temperature in my case, or perhaps my reference values are incorrect (Page 5-7 of the Owner's Manual):

"If there is a substantial loss of pressure, the warning threshold for the warning message is aligned to the reference values taught-in. Restart the tire pressure monitor after adjusting to the cold tire pressure. The current pressures are saved as new reference values. This will ensure that a warning message will only appear if the tire pressure drops significantly."

Now that I recall, when I first received my car, the PSI was way too high, above 45 PSI on all four corners. When I had them re-adjust to 35 PSI in the front and 29 PSI in the back, they most likely forgot to reset the reference values because the car is unlike other Infinitis. I guess I need to reset my reference values!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I looked at mine. There's honestly not that much you can actually change, it's really more informational/diagnostic related. I had both ANC and ASC in there, both set to disabled. I was able to change the ASC setting (enable) but not the ANC. Not sure what the ASC does exactly, so I left it disabled.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I looked at mine. There's honestly not that much you can actually change, it's really more informational/diagnostic related. I had both ANC and ASC in there, both set to disabled. I was able to change the ASC setting (enable) but not the ANC. Not sure what the ASC does exactly, so I left it disabled.
What the what? You had those two settings. I wonder why I didn't. Is yours a 2017, .5, 18?

·
Registered
32 Posts

I had the ANC and ASC settings also, the ANC was not able to change, I enabled the ASC and got out of the system. Went back to the same screen and it was disabled again, must not accept the command once out of the system. Like you said don't even know what it would have done anyway.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm also a 2017, Premium AWD, all packages. Not sure of the date offhand, I think 9/2016 or 10/2016 though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone found the secret sunglasses holder yet? I usually leave the panoramic roof open and slide my sunglasses between the glass and roof paneling above the driver seat. Works pretty well.
I put my sunglasses in the pocket on the driver's side door. Seems to work pretty well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The QX30 AWD is capable of reaching its top of 130 MPH. >:D

·
Registered
107 Posts
How'd I do that??

Keys in pocket, I touched the driver side door handle on the outside somehow, and the windows went down. I love it! I miss being able to roll windows down by putting key in door and leaving it unlock position. What did I do to make make the windows go down with just my hand doing something with the driver-side door handle? Help!

·
Super Moderator
544 Posts
I know if you hold down the "unlock" button on the key fob, the windows roll down. If you hold down the "lock" button, they roll up.

I wasn't aware you could do it with the handle. I went out to my QX30 and was not able to reproduce the behavior on the handle. I was able to reproduce the behavior on the key fob, however.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I learned the other day that if a front passenger suddenly decides to hop in the back of the car while driving, the car will continue to chime to let the passenger know to fasten the seat belt even though the front passenger seat is unoccupied. After a while, the car will alert you that the front passenger air bag is disabled (see attachment). The message doesn't stop appearing until after you restart your car.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Kind of low hanging fruit... Hold the display button on the center console down and the screen turns off. Handy if driving in the dark and want to avoid the glare of the LCD screen. If you don't show the clock on the screen, it will actually go totally dark.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts