Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I've been noticing an issue where the car will jerk forward from a stop, when you let off the brake. So, you start the car and start driving, come to a stop light, then when you let your foot off the brake, the car hesitates, jerks forward, and almost seems as if it might stall. It reminds me of driving a manual when you don't shift smoothly/correctly. Has anyone else is experienced this?

It has only started happening since it's gotten very cold. Once the car has warmed up (maybe 10-20 minutes of driving), the issue isn't as noticeable and eventually seems to go away. I've disengaged the auto-off feature while the car is still warming up, and that doesn't seem to matter. Though, I've also noticed when the auto-off feature is enabled, even after the car is warm, it causes a smaller jerking of sorts when the car starts back up (when you release the brake).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes, I have that too. The temp has been a single digit lately and QX30 is behaving very strange.

On top of this jerking issue, my blind spot sensors are periodically inoperable and rear view camera sometimes shows nothing (black screen). Heated seat sometimes doesn't warm up.

I will make an appt with the dealer when I have to go in for the airbag wire recall.

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
The QX30 has a Dual-Clutch Transmission. There is no torque converter. Instead, there are two plate-style clutches. Basically our DCTs have more in common with traditional "manual" transmissions than they do with hydraulic "automatic" transmissions.

So, yes, when cold, they can be a bit "grabby", just like a vehicle with a manual transmission. Drive around for a couple minutes and it smooths out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed this as well. It seems to happen when the car is still cold and you are stopped and there is a jerk like the car wants to go eventhough the brake is being applied; it does seem to go away once the car is warmed up.
Could be a potential safety concern if you have someone in front of you stopped and you're not paying attention to what the car is doing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just making sure I'm not alone. I'll mention it to the dealer later this month when I'm back in. @Kevin s I noticed this as well, however, it does seem to go away once the car is warmed up; I think the issues are related/the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts