Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a 2019 who is having problems with the Audio not staying on and clocks having to be reset after prolonged sitting with the vehicle off..there is finally a fix! Dont let you dealer tell you this "normal"...it isn't.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I am not entirely sure of what the fix was...it was very technical. The point is that Infiniti has the fix now so anyone experiencing this issue should be able to get it taken care of. It had something to do with a missing fuse that went to the DCU...whatever that is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my '19 car last week and I've been having the exact same problems as you described.
Can you please share details as to what was done to solve the issue?
I already took the car to the dealer yesterday and they said that they will need time to get it looked at and fixed as they have to go thru the wiring. I'm afraid of giving them the car if it's gonna take a long time (like in your case)
Grateful if you can check with the dealer and share the fix.
Much appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently there was a fuse missing that ent to the DCU. I believe they bypassed something and hardwired it but I am not certain. Hopefully that info will help. If not tell your dealership to contact Infiniti of Central Arkansas Service Department and ask them!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Myhoopty,

THANK YOU so much for your post. Do you happen to know which fuse number they replaced? It might possibly be listed on the paperwork they gave you at the end. If you can help with this I would be eternally grateful!

I am having the exact same issue and two dealerships are telling me Infiniti has no fix at this time. If I could by some chance be able to get that fuse number I can have them replace it and give it a shot, I'm sure they would be willing to try it if I had the number. AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR POST, you rock!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For anyone having this issue...my dealer has fixed it in mine and several after. Tell your dealership to contact them for the fix. Infiniti of Central Arkansas 844-570-2800

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fix!

MyHoopty is right. I contacted Infiniti of Central Arkansas about three weeks ago and they worked with my dealer in Ohio to help fix it.

It is such a frustrating issue to have with a new car. Basically the display unit needs to be completely rewired. Some of the 2019 models have come off the production line with a wiring flaw that causes the display unit to gradually lose power when in the car is not on. So after about 5 hours the unit loses power and everything resets just as it would if you disconnected your battery to replace it.

The issue making this complicated for dealers is that these particular cars’ wiring does NOT match the electrical schematic provided to them by Infiniti. For example, the official Infiniti schematic calls for the display unit to connect to fuse 55 in my car. Well, fuse 55 was non-existent in my car. In fact an entire yellow fuse panel was shown on the schematic and my car doesn’t even have the entire panel. So somehow the fuse panels in these particular cars are different coming out of assembly.

The good news is Infiniti of Central Arkansas had the notes on how to rewire it properly and it completely fixed my car. It involved adding a regular fuse, and in-line fuse, and a splice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts