Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've read my other posts, you've seen where I talk about the steering wheel being misaligned. Turns out, Infiniti received so many complaints about this that they sent out a bulletin to the dealerships. Check the DOT numbers on your tires. In my case, the front two were a mismatch from the rear two, and they believe the design difference between the two are causing an issue. If you have ones on the front with WCAY in the DOT number, go get them replaced.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! Always thought they don't really pay attention to complaints lodged by dealerships, but I guess this is a safety concern and that's why Infiniti is paying attention.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thank you for the heads up. I will check to see if I have WCAY in the DOT.

Do you happen to have a copy of the service bulletin for this? I googled, but there isn't anything.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Good question! I'm not sure where you would find it either TBH. I just heard it through the service manager from my dealership who called me to verify. I would call your dealership. They are replacing my tires at no charge. And since my car is AWD, I asked that they replace ALL the tires, not the two front offending ones.

Actually, I could be using the phrase service bulletin incorrectly. I know that has very specific connotations, like an official release. Basically, the service manager said Infiniti reached out to him and said they received enough complaints about the issue and determined it was these tires. Did Infiniti reach out to them with a bulletin or a phone call? I'm not sure. I assumed it was a bulletin. But the service manager made it sound like they reached out to dealerships, plural.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Smitty, thanks for this very informative post. I also posted in the alignment thread. My local dealership did not have the alignment specifications (very odd, I thought). That next week, I had to move to Florida from Maryland and the city that I am in right now in Florida does not have an Infiniti dealership. The closest dealership is approximately two hours away.

Anyway, I went outside and checked my tires:

Front Right - LM1P WBJX 3716
Front Left - LM1P WBJX 3616
Rear Right - LM1P WBJX 3716
Rear Left - LM1P WBJX 3616

The last four digits on the right side are 3716, but the left side shows 3616. I still have the alignment issue (and the paperwork from my dealership in Maryland to prove it). Do you think the last four digits being different on the left and right side will be reason for them to swap out tires? I also just crossed 5,000 miles, so I'm due for a tire rotation as well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Smitty, thanks for this very informative post. I also posted in the alignment thread. My local dealership did not have the alignment specifications (very odd, I thought). That next week, I had to move to Florida from Maryland and the city that I am in right now in Florida does not have an Infiniti dealership. The closest dealership is approximately two hours away.

Anyway, I went outside and checked my tires:

Front Right - LM1P WBJX 3716
Front Left - LM1P WBJX 3616
Rear Right - LM1P WBJX 3716
Rear Left - LM1P WBJX 3616

The last four digits on the right side are 3716, but the left side shows 3616. I still have the alignment issue (and the paperwork from my dealership in Maryland to prove it). Do you think the last four digits being different on the left and right side will be reason for them to swap out tires? I also just crossed 5,000 miles, so I'm due for a tire rotation as well.
Interesting. It sounds like you have the right ones. The service manager didn't seem concerned about the last four digits, only the middle combination of the DOT number. My rear ones have that same middle alpha combo as yours: WBJX. Just out of curiosity, is your QX30 a 2017.5 or 2018 or whatever is the one after 2017? I wonder if the mismatch was fixed on most recent model. My QX was made in October 2017.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a 2017 (no push button start, so it's not a 2017.5). I can't recall the manufacture date.

When I did some additional research, the last four numbers represent the week and year in which the tire was manufactured. So the tires to the left were manufactured in the 36th week of 2016 (3616) while the the right tires were manufactured in the 37th week of 2016 (3716). I sent an email to my dealership in Florida to see if I can get this alignment issue resolved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts