Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, had my 2018 QX30 since end of Oct 2017. Tonight on my way home, car was stopped at red light. It started to studder like it was going to stall. Kept pressing gas pedal and it was going really slow and almost hesitating. Check engine light started to flash and then stayed on. I was about 2 miles from home and was able to limp back home. Called dealership and told them. They wanted me to either drive in or have it towed. Shut off engine, turned back on and it seems ok now. Haven't driven it since. I will drive (hopefully) to dealership tomorrow am. They had no loaner cars and wanted me to rent one myself. Finally convinced them to provide a rental for me. Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Dealer could not find anything wrong with car. Ran diagnostics, test drove. Nothing showed up on the report indicating the check engine light went on. The studdering I guess was due to some issue with the engine and the car going into low speed mode to protect the engine. Hopefully a one off and won't happen again...

·
Registered
148 Posts
The only car stuttering experience I had was maybe a month ago. I had my car parked at the airport for maybe five days and on my way back home, I filled up the tank at a relatively empty gas station in a relatively shady area. I think the gas was bad or something, but the car was stuttering at a stop light. Luckily, the rest of my drive was purely highway and nothing else happened.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i leased by qx 30 in march of 2017. The check coolant light started coming on last month and there was nothing found to be wrong with it. then the check engine light came on with shuddering and stalling then it stopped and the light went off. a week later it happened again. i took it to the dealer and they decided to replace the engine. they couldnt determine the problem. just said maybe the person on the line had a bad day when installing my engine. 27k to replace the engine but covered by the dealer. I went to pick it up yesterday the coolant light came on again in the parking lot. they are still trying to "diagnose" the problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread, I am having the check coolant level light come on. it has come on 3 times in the last couple of days. Coolant level is fine so I suspect the sensor. Will be making an appointment to get it checked out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread, I am having the check coolant level light come on. it has come on 3 times in the last couple of days. Coolant level is fine so I suspect the sensor. Will be making an appointment to get it checked out.
likewise, had the coolant level message come up on the dash when it is normal, did you end up finding the source?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The dealer says it is the coolant level sensor.....the whole tank needs to be replaced. They have ordered the part, I just need to find time to take it in

·
Registered
148 Posts
Did you check your coolant level and add distilled water, or was the level correct?

About every morning I get a message about low coolant. I'm just around 25K miles and was surprised to see a message about low coolant. I moved back to Maryland from Florida so I don't drive as often and the dealership is about half an hour away.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Coolant level is fine, have not had to add any water/coolant.

I checked to see if it was only when the engine was cold or hot.....it doesn't matter, It will come on while cruising on the interstate, it will come on at first start, it will come on after I had parked for a few minutes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts