Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, any of you tried changing the oil the topsider method? I've seen several youtube videos, including Mercedes with success (apparently, you can possibly drain more oil than the traditional way. For me, personally, I just want to avoid going to the stealership, I think it'll save money in the long run as well.

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
I considered one, but decided against it. It's a solution looking for a problem, imo. I never change the oil without also rotating the tires... And since I have to put the vehicle on jack stands to safely rotate the tires, so I may as well pull the drain plug.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey guys, any of you tried changing the oil the topsider method? I've seen several youtube videos, including Mercedes with success (apparently, you can possibly drain more oil than the traditional way. For me, personally, I just want to avoid going to the stealership, I think it'll save money in the long run as well.
Just a note that (if you have the space/place to do it) changing oil and filter on this car is more than easy and takes 20 minutes total (including jacking it up, etc.). I love that removing the oil filter (cartridge) does not make a mess like it does on every other car I have owned. Nice and clean. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts