Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a 2018 qx30 and just have 40,100 miles. Now the car won’t turn on. It says “Service Required. Do not shift gears. Visit dealer”. I also get the message “decompress brakes to start engine”, but nothing happens as well. Any idea of whats going on? And will this still be covered by warranty since i barely passed 40k.
Speedometer Car Vehicle Odometer White

·
Registered
2 Posts
FWIW - there's talk over on the MB GLA/CLA forums regarding this error message. From what I gather, the error appears to be due to a battery going bad. You could try charging (or jumping) the battery see if the warning message goes away.

If it is the battery see if the dealership will cover the cost... doesn't hurt to ask :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FWIW - there's talk over on the MB GLA/CLA forums regarding this error message. From what I gather, the error appears to be due to a battery going bad. You could try charging (or jumping) the battery see if the warning message goes away.

If it is the battery see if the dealership will cover the cost... doesn't hurt to ask :)

Good luck!
Wow thank you! I just checked their forums and found most people just replaced the aux battery, which solved the issue. I scheduled an appointment with the dealer this thursday, but I might try changing out the battery first.

Anyone know how hard it is to change out this battery?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The auxiliary battery is located in the floor in front of the passenger seat. There are several YouTube videos showing how to replace it on QX30 or Mercedes GLA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts