Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey qx30 fam,

Unfortunately, my car was broken into (I park on the street in NYC) and the thief broke the front passenger glass. I just picked her up from the local body shop (took few days for them to get the glass). Everything looked good and works fine. However, when I got home, I opened and closed the door, I heard few shards fall to the bottom.

With that said, I remember taking out the door panel on my previous honda accord, took few screws and that was that. Can anyone share instructions on how to take the door panel on the qx30 so I can see if I can remove the shards out myself? Theres no rattling or noise while driving on the local roads (Havent tried the highway yet).

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you p07r0457!
I realized after the door panel, you have to remove the rivets to get inside between the panel and outer door :eek: after watching
I don't think this is a 1, 2, 3 job for me. I will take it back to the body shop, hopefully, they can remove the rest of the broken glass inside.

Thank you again

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you p07r0457!
I realized after the door panel, you have to remove the rivets to get inside between the panel and outer door :eek: after watching
I don't think this is a 1, 2, 3 job for me. I will take it back to the body shop, hopefully, they can remove the rest of the broken glass inside.

Thank you again
Took it back to the body shop who said that they were unable to get to some of the glass with the vacuum and that some of the glass will fall thru the water drain holes on the bottom on the door....not sure how true that is but at this point, I feel like it's beating a dead horse

1 - 4 of 4 Posts