Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ordered some EBC "yellow stuff" pads for front and rear, EBC slotted front rotors, and StopTech slotted rear rotors (EBC doesn't seem to make rears for the QX).
Sadly there has been quite a bit of rain and actually snow here in sunny Phoenix, so I was only able to complete the fronts. I cleaned and painted the calipers, as well as the back of the outside pad.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I seated the front brakes and they are grabbing much better.....I have no scientific data, just a noticeable change in braking, which I attribute to the performance pads.
Keep in mind, one of my rotors was warped so I was already experiencing diminished braking.

·
Super Moderator
513 Posts
How is the noise on the EBC pads?

I ride motorcycles and have tried EBC pads on a couple occasions and I've always had to take them off and replace them with OEM because the EBC pads are so darn noisy and it bothers me. I would be riding casually and even trying to stop at a normal stop sign I sounded like a freight train trying to do an emergency stop. I swore I'd never use another EBC motorcycle pad.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pads were extremely loud during the break-in, almost a grinding sound. Noisier than any other bake change I have ever done. By now they seem to be no louder than the OEM Mercedes pads.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did not use Torx sockets, but rather a 6-point metric socket....from memory I believe it was either 14mm or 17mm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did not use Torx sockets, but rather a 6-point metric socket....from memory I believe it was either 14mm or 17mm.
Thank you Tony, My 2017 has the E Torx (external torx) bolt heads, I'm at 80K, The trans pan gasket started to leak do to loose bolts,given the price of DCT oil + filters ( one in the trans and one just on top of the pan ) Dealer quoted me $1200 for a trans service. I spent a little more then that for a round of Conti's & alignment at 70K. Dealer told me I have the most miles of any they service.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My brake calipers also have Tore head bolts....I guess I needed to clarify. A 6-point socket can be used on Torx head bolts. I've done this on several vehicles, just make sure you find the socket that fits the bolt very snug.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Tony, HF had some,but smaller size,I figure they might be worth buying as at some point it will be up to me to keep the QX30 running.Good to know, you can get the job done in a pinch.
Bob

·
Registered
2017 Black QX30 Sport
5 Posts
I ordered some EBC "yellow stuff" pads for front and rear, EBC slotted front rotors, and StopTech slotted rear rotors (EBC doesn't seem to make rears for the QX).
Sadly there has been quite a bit of rain and actually snow here in sunny Phoenix, so I was only able to complete the fronts. I cleaned and painted the calipers, as well as the back of the outside pad.
Thanks for the pictures, all my rotors are glazed and worn on my 2017 QX30 SPORT, my local dealer is going to let me throw on aftermarket at a great deal. This totally helps me!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The EBC rotors (front) came all black as see in the photos. The Stoptech rotors (rear) came with black finished center hubs, and raw unfinished steel everywhere else. I cleaned and painted the unfinished areas because I don't like when those areas start to oxidize.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts