Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage IV, 20 / QX30 AWD, 18
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
S`up mates!

Got such kind of problem. While my media system in the vehicle seems me bugs a lot for a last time I thought to do the factory reset to... You know... Free some memory cash, clear old draft files that can possibly slow system work, etc.

So I had entered to the secret engineer menu of our DCU ( actually if You don't know - its some Nissan labeled DENSO unit DNNS075 unit) - it's not a problem to do, but please - if You don't know what to do - don't do this! ) As I did :((

And do the USER DATA - reset.
Just for Your future experience, it's not only USERS files - actually it's not VEHICLE OWNER FILES at all - it's firmware reset to the basic factory status - after this all CAN connected units need to be calibrated to understand each other (((( !

And You'll got:
  • sound off - radio, usb, bluetooth, etc - shows play mode but doesn't sound;
  • navigation doesn't work;
  • steering wheel buttons - only volume regulation works, but what a profit if sound don't work;
  • climate not indicates on DCU Display;
  • camera - need to be on in engineering menu to be shown;
  • a lot of other little problems that clarified via this video

But this You'll understand only after You already did this ( So when You will look for the future solution - You'll understand that the only way to fix it (IMHO) is to reinstall the firmware code I5005 according to the bulletin ITB18_040c of inner Nissan documentation / Need to be downloadeaded via Nissan / Infiniti ASIST. I think that it will help. But I don't know for sure. And to try this. I need to find this firmware image to try, so if anyone can help me! You are more than welcome! I will appreciate it a lot!

·
Super Moderator
596 Posts
Do you have access to CONSULT III Plus license ($1,300), compatible computer, and Vehicle Control Interface Module (VCIM)? You'll also need to buy an active subscription to Nissan Tech-Info for CONSULT III Plus to authorize the ECM reprogramming.

This usually falls into the category of "if you have to ask, then you probably aren't qualified or it doesn't make sense to pay to play".

Why not tow to a dealer and pay them an hour or two of labor? Would certainly be cheaper than buying all the necessary hardware and licenses to DIY.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Do you have access to CONSULT III Plus license ($1,300)....
Firstly, thx a lot for Your reply)

Ammm... Are You thinking that this goes such deep that it need to reprogram can-blocks synch? Mostly it looks not such hopelessly, as it seems... As the screens below all block in "green" connect - also, the sound is work for a system BIP, Voice assistance etc. But not for playing music of any sources.

So as in the bulletin that I wrote in first message - there is no need to lot connection with CIII+ license + terminal to proceed with firmware upd. Only the flash compilated with main interface of Nissan ASIST - like this.

and the CIII suit only used for recognition of the DCU inner id.

So my situation is like.
BEFORE

AFTER

Please correct me if my idea is wrong.

This usually falls into the category of "if you have to ask, then you probably aren't qualified or it doesn't make sense to pay to play".
Exactly (y):cool: like "Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutant" (c)

Why not tow to a dealer and pay them an hour or two of labor? Would certainly be cheaper than buying all the necessary hardware and licenses to DIY.
Ugh, if that would be such an easy thing to do. I got US vehicle, and EU dealers don't work with ammmm... Not official vehicles in their region. So It's looks as some kind of the dead end to me)

·
Super Moderator
596 Posts
So as in the bulletin that I wrote in first message - there is no need to lot connection with CIII+ license + terminal to proceed with firmware upd. Only the flash compilated with main interface of Nissan ASIST - like this.
and the CIII suit only used for recognition of the DCU inner id.

Please correct me if my idea is wrong.
I don't think you'll be able to use Nissan ASSIST without the CONSULT III plus license.

Ugh, if that would be such an easy thing to do. I got US vehicle, and EU dealers don't work with ammmm... Not official vehicles in their region. So It's looks as some kind of the dead end to me)
Are you military deployed overseas? Or how did you acquire a US-spec vehicle in Europe?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited by Moderator)
How You thought - the Nissan dealers uses the same version of ASIST as the INFINITI dealers does? Or its some kind of extended license? Cause if YES - its gives much more options to solve it.

Are you military deployed overseas? Or how did you acquire a US-spec vehicle in Europe?
Oh. Much easy. It's a huge trendy business up here. Buying damaged vehicles from IAAE, COPART, etc... And repair it. Cost much lighter than the same one in the inner market.
In most cases its not expensive light SUVs - high trend for Rogue, Compass, Patriot, Renegade... Or really expensive like all BMW, MB, Lexus, Infiniti... For a last year I saw a lot of Buicks here. Raptors. For sure its also Mustang and Challengers. Even Corvetes. Lot of Teslas, Bolts, Leafs... Mostly its vehicles 2017+ with ODO above 20-40k miles.

·
Super Moderator
596 Posts
How You thought - the Nissan dealers uses the same version of ASIST as the INFINITI dealers does? Or its some kind of extended license? Cause if YES - its gives much more options to solve it.
It is my understanding that both Nissan and Infiniti use the same ASIST software package.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is my understanding that both Nissan and Infiniti use the same ASIST software package.
thumbsUP ) So, will try that way - cause Nissan`s centers is much more in my area.
Will upd thread for the results.
Thx again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And it's done. Over 80 USD to official dealer Infiniti in UA and 2 weeks of mailing...
Ugh... It's better not to play with this thing again... It's take over 7 minutes to install with official Nissan software... They called it "custs" - actually this is some kind off software deivers pack or custom settings. So. Now everything is back and works fine. Also came to the MB Dealer and they reprogram main screen to multilanguage pack (over 11 languages) also changed the Climate to Celsium, over 50 USD plus. So glad to notice that everything ends in a good way. Thread can be closed. )

ps: while it been reprogram You had to reset camera settings - to set back predictive parking lines on camera. Also to set in settings (NO SBW) mode for camera. Dealer don't know this things while I ask them why the packing lines had disappear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts