Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is the day I trade in my leased 2018 QX30S after 3 years of having it. It’s been a great vehicle for the most part. Mechanically sound, no real issues. Only repairs have been due to rodents chewing through my electrical harness twice and having to have the backs of the front seats replaced due to the headrests of the backseat being forced into them while someone was trying to force the rear seats up or down-last time was at a car wash when the attendant was trying to vacuum and put the seat up and broke the back off. So that leads in to my number one gripe, the back seat area is so small. I always kept the seats folded flat, just my preference if I had to throw my bike in. Really annoying that every time my kids needed to get in the back I had to move the seat way up to put the seats up. Then have to hold the memory seat button down the whole time the seat was moving back.

My second issue has been the jerky nature of the car starting off in first gear while in sport mode. Not smooth at all.

And really the worst part of this vehicle is the UI/Navigation. So old and outdated, but it is a four year old vehicle. But just sooo bad. Voice activation is terrible-tried to call my wife today and it ended up dialing a sales rep I haven’t talked to in 4 years. Navigation is badly outdated and it’s hard to compete with Google Maps. Too bad there’s no CarPlay.

Overall it was an enjoyable car but is definitely quirky, which I liked. Thought it was cool to have a Japanese vehicle, full of German mechanicals and parts made in England.

But this is my last Infiniti-at least for now. I’ve had 3-a G37, which was a beast, a Q50S-a lot of fun, and the QX30S. Now that it’s time to shop for the next car, the Infiniti lineup just can’t compete, for sportiness and style IMO, until you get into the Red Sport range at 60k, for 4 year old models. Every one of their competitors is outpacing them. And their big launch for this year is a $50k+ crossover with a CVT.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
125 Posts
What car are you gonna end up getting?

·
Registered
Sportage IV, 20 / QX30 AWD, 18
16 Posts
Oh My. )
Regards... Deutch spirit inside QX30 was that strong? )
That inner MB wind tooks You for Bavarian Autoatelier? )))
Anyway - looks " prächtig " :) Let it gave You mostly positive vibes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts