Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed Auxito 9012 LED’s today. They seem really bright. My question is I left the caps off, is that okay? What could happen?

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
11 Posts
Obviously having the caps helps with a lot of things. It helps prevent water/moisture from getting in, in addition to getting dirty. The caps also help the wires stay dry and such. I've seen people run cars like my Subaru Legacy for example without the caps, and they typically don't have issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Obviously having the caps helps with a lot of things. It helps prevent water/moisture from getting in, in addition to getting dirty. The caps also help the wires stay dry and such. I've seen people run cars like my Subaru Legacy for example without the caps, and they typically don't have issues.
Thanks, good to know. I ordered some rubber dust covers with a hole in the middle made for led bulb replacement. I hope it does the job. Also, Last night I noticed one side seemed brighter than the other. One side seemed to have a “shadow” where the other side was brighter. Any suggestions on a fix.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
11 Posts
Thanks, good to know. I ordered some rubber dust covers with a hole in the middle made for led bulb replacement. I hope it does the job. Also, Last night I noticed one side seemed brighter than the other. One side seemed to have a “shadow” where the other side was brighter. Any suggestions on a fix.
A few things come to my mind. Either one of the bulbs is not fully screwed in (Possibly the old red gasket from the old bulb(s) got stuck on to new bulb's red gasket, or you need to adjust the beam on the bulb(s) by turning them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am 90% sure I was able to fit everything inside. They may have updated the design since then? I don't think mine had anything but the plug and the wires...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts