Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought a 2018 Sport last week, I bought it from the Infiniti agency as a used car with guarantee from the brand, I still have 3 years or 60,000 km, the thing is that they told me the car has 2 "details", one is that the auxiliar battery is not working and the other one is one module of the 360 camera is failing and need to be replaced, also the auxiliar battery should be replaced of course, my question here is if somebody knows if it is OK to drive the car with this auxiliary battery not working (I've got a message in the car dashboard that says that indicates this issue), I read in some blog that using the car in that condition will drain the main battery, is that truee?, by the way both issues are covered by the warranty but they are waiting for the parts to be send from the main branch (no idea where it is).

I appreciate somebody with the proper knowledge can help me as I'm not sure I can trust on the staff of the car dealer where I bought it.

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
Hi all,

I bought a 2018 Sport last week, I bought it from the Infiniti agency as a used car with guarantee from the brand, I still have 3 years or 60,000 km, the thing is that they told me the car has 2 "details", one is that the auxiliar battery is not working and the other one is one module of the 360 camera is failing and need to be replaced, also the auxiliar battery should be replaced of course, my question here is if somebody knows if it is OK to drive the car with this auxiliary battery not working (I've got a message in the car dashboard that says that indicates this issue), I read in some blog that using the car in that condition will drain the main battery, is that truee?, by the way both issues are covered by the warranty but they are waiting for the parts to be send from the main branch (no idea where it is).

I appreciate somebody with the proper knowledge can help me as I'm not sure I can trust on the staff of the car dealer where I bought it.
It depends on the type of failure. If it’s a bad cell or a shorted cell then you can definitely cause problems trying to use the vehicle. If it’s just a weak battery (low CCA) then you’ll put some extra stress on your charging system and the engine auto stop/start may not work, but it’ll be okay to drive for a few days/week.

Reactions: JeyMe
1 - 2 of 2 Posts