Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be doing something wrong, but when I close my doors and walk away, the doors do not automatically lock. Is this a setting I need to change? I noticed a few times when I forget to lock the doors and return hours later, the car is still open. Does anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
123 Posts
They're not supposed to automatically lock in this manner. Were you told otherwise or did you read something in the manual that suggested this was an option?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my understanding, perhaps wrongfully, is that this is a common technology....every car i've driven(although not infiniti) in the past 5-8 years has had this feature, and if it isn't available, i guess i'll surely miss it. I've definitely had moments where I forget to lock my vehicle, and i just assumed after a certain period of time the vehicle would automatically lock.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've never heard of this with any car - what make/model did you have before? What I am familiar with is that most cars I've had recently will automatically re-lock the doors if you unlock with the remote and never open the door.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Seems risky. What if you leave your keys in the car!?
It is my understanding the car won't lock with the keys inside the car. I tried this in my garage with my second set of keys and it wouldn't lock me out, even if the other set of keys was back in the house.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Touch the door handle when you get out and the car will lock. Touch it when you return and it will unlock. Assuming you have your key with you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I knew about unlocking it by touching the handle, not about locking it that way though. That's pretty cool. I'll try it out in a bit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I knew about unlocking it by touching the handle, not about locking it that way though. That's pretty cool. I'll try it out in a bit.
If you touch the inside of the handle it unlocks. But to lock it, you have to touch the two little lines on the outside of the door handle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts