Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if they will be coming out with a way to turn this thing off permanently? Why do we have to turn it off each time we start the car. Terrible in stop and go, city driving. - Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3 months in still not a habit. I just don't understand why it's not an option, why should we have to get in the habit. Seems like a big risk to take to not make it an option. Hoping for a software / TSB to fix it as it could be a deal breaker on future purchases.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Its the law in Yurup that it be there. Infiniti would be breaking the law if they let you defeat it. Blame the yurupeens.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I love it still, and it seems to work much better in cooler months when the A/C is off since one of the parameters is making sure the car is at the temp you have it set to...
But if I am taking a left at a light and sitting/waiting in the intersection... or if I am inching up a few feet every once in a while in bad bumper to bumper traffic, I shut it off. Otherwise, I like having it on... I do forget every once in a while but after I inch forward to a stop and it shuts off, I quickly remember)

·
Registered
31 Posts
After purchasing the car I found out the auxiliary battery that controls the start/stop feature was dead and if you don't have it replaced it could drain the main battery. Took over 10 days to get the new battery...but that's another story.

So now about once a week I make a point of leaving the start/stop feature on just to test it and make sure the battery is still operational because unfortunately the light stays on even when the battery is dead.

I hate it as well but when I asked if there was a way to completely disable it, I was told no.

·
Registered
43 Posts
After purchasing the car I found out the auxiliary battery that controls the start/stop feature was dead and if you don't have it replaced it could drain the main battery. Took over 10 days to get the new battery...but that's another story.

So now about once a week I make a point of leaving the start/stop feature on just to test it and make sure the battery is still operational because unfortunately the light stays on even when the battery is dead.

I hate it as well but when I asked if there was a way to completely disable it, I was told no.
How did you found out this? I am thinking maybe the same happened to my 2018 QX30. I bought it 6 days ago, and even in E mode with the ISS (auto bulb on) it just wont turn off at idle. I guess I am having what many want, a car that wont turn off at red traffic lights. However, I am worried anything else can be affected if this stopped working so quickly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How did you found out this? I am thinking maybe the same happened to my 2018 QX30. I bought it 6 days ago, and even in E mode with the ISS (auto bulb on) it just wont turn off at idle. I guess I am having what many want, a car that wont turn off at red traffic lights. However, I am worried anything else can be affected if this stopped working so quickly.
That is pretty much what happened to me. The battery had died while the car was sitting on the lot waiting to be sold and the service department didn't catch it when they did the pre-sale inspection. I too, wanted to just keep the dead battery since I didn't plan on ever using the stop/start feature but the service manager told me that it would eventually run the main battery down. So now, I like everyone else just has to push the off button every time I drive the car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That is pretty much what happened to me. The battery had died while the car was sitting on the lot waiting to be sold and the service department didn't catch it when they did the pre-sale inspection. I too, wanted to just keep the dead battery since I didn't plan on ever using the stop/start feature but the service manager told me that it would eventually run the main battery down. So now, I like everyone else just has to push the off button every time I drive the car.
Well then, I'll take it to the dealership this week to see what they tell me. Thanks for your quick reply!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Weirdest reply ever!

Keep us posted on what they say!
So I received my car from the dealership today, initial reason to take it there before this issue, was a paint stain (apparently a pigeons dirt at the car lot) that they were supposed to take out. However, the "detailer" didn't had the products to clean it correctly so they just washed it instead. About this issue they told me its completely normal, they said the car adjust to certain conditions to turn off/on by itself. It it doesn't, conditions are not met...
I asked the same about the passengers mirror not lowering when in Reverse. Received the same response:|

·
Registered
62 Posts
So I received my car from the dealership today, initial reason to take it there before this issue, was a paint stain (apparently a pigeons dirt at the car lot) that they were supposed to take out. However, the "detailer" didn't had the products to clean it correctly so they just washed it instead. About this issue they told me its completely normal, they said the car adjust to certain conditions to turn off/on by itself. It it doesn't, conditions are not met...
I asked the same about the passengers mirror not lowering when in Reverse. Received the same response:|

For the pass. mirror not lowering..... a silly question, Do you have the passenger mirror selected on the controls by your left arm rest? If it is in the middle or the right mirror it will not lower when reverse.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
I asked the same about the passengers mirror not lowering when in Reverse. Received the same response/forum/images/InfinitiQX30_org/smilies/tango_face_plain.png

For the pass. mirror not lowering..... a silly question, Do you have the passenger mirror selected on the controls by your left arm rest? If it is in the middle or the right mirror it will not lower when reverse.....
Yes it is! I read it precisely here, but it has done it twice, then nothing happens, I even showed them and they said they will verify with the mechanics and call me back. About the start stop issue, I noticed if I don't have my seat belt on it won't turn off... If I do it starts working again. It's been working as supposed since it came back from the dealership.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts