Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any issues or complaints with the audio quality when using hands free calling. It can go from crystal clear to inaudible while sitting at the light. We have tried all 4 phones in the family – Apple, Blackberry, Samsung and LG. As well we are on 3 different networks.

Funny thing is both my wife and I both drive Mercedes and spend a lot of time on the phone. We have had very few issues when calling. I spoke to the dealer yesterday he was not sure “considering the car is 95% Mercedes” (we could hear each other clearly during the call) He suggested un-pair and re-pair, which we have tried. Or to pop in for them to confirm that we have the most current software update. (I believe we do as it is a December built car) He also mentioned that his co-worker has complained about calls that the other party has had issues hearing her. We did notice that if we turn up the volume during the call the other party can hear us better. I wonder if there is some form of noise cancellation feature in the QX that might be causing some of these issues.

Other than this, the little I have driven the car I have been very pleased.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anybody had any issues or complaints with the audio quality when using hands free calling. It can go from crystal clear to inaudible while sitting at the light. We have tried all 4 phones in the family – Apple, Blackberry, Samsung and LG. As well we are on 3 different networks.

Funny thing is both my wife and I both drive Mercedes and spend a lot of time on the phone. We have had very few issues when calling. I spoke to the dealer yesterday he was not sure “considering the car is 95% Mercedes” (we could hear each other clearly during the call) He suggested un-pair and re-pair, which we have tried. Or to pop in for them to confirm that we have the most current software update. (I believe we do as it is a December built car) He also mentioned that his co-worker has complained about calls that the other party has had issues hearing her. We did notice that if we turn up the volume during the call the other party can hear us better. I wonder if there is some form of noise cancellation feature in the QX that might be causing some of these issues.

Other than this, the little I have driven the car I have been very pleased.
Just bumping this up. Had the car in last week for the hands free and they can hear (that the other party can't hear at times) we have the latest software updates but we are still having issues with the handsfree and not sure want can be done. It can go from crystal clear to inaudible while sitting at the light. One of the managers at the dealership who drives a QX30 with a Apple has had issues as well. Maybe a Canadian thing?

It's so bad that if we are travelling and have a work releted call come in we have to pull over or use the phone speaker. If we are going to be in the car for any length of time on a bussiness day it is just easier to drive our other car. Maybe a should start calling Infiniti Canada everyday so they can hear the issue ;) and since they have only sold 750 cars in the whole country in the pass 8 months I think it might be tough to motivate them to address it. If anybody else is finding the same please let me know. Thanks so much

·
Registered
90 Posts
Lol keep ringing off customer service and let them really experience what it's like. They'll get so frustrated, they'll have to do something about it haha either that or block your number ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts