Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you very much for this post everyone. I was just about to buy the H9‘s!
I’ve put LEDs in my Lexus and my previous Infiniti I upgraded to HID but I think I like the LEDs better.
I guess our manual isn’t correct with the bulb size so I really appreciate the info about 9012’s
!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Zurgus,
I´m from Spain too and as you, I have installed the Hikari H7 (9012 model doesn´t fit to our car), however I am not satisfied with this lamps. Low beam is enough but high beam isn´t.

I´m thinking to try another model could be "Lumileds" or any other more powerful. Have you continued your research?

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Zurgus,
I´m from Spain too and as you, I have installed the Hikari H7 (9012 model doesn´t fit to our car), however I am not satisfied with this lamps. Low beam is enough but high beam isn´t.

I´m thinking to try another model could be "Lumileds" or any other more powerful. Have you continued your research?

Thanks.
PM sent

·
Registered
184 Posts
Before my QX30, I had installed 3 sets of LED headlights (All Auxbeam) and one set of HID...Couldn't find Auxbeams in 9012 for the QX30...so I rolled the dice on Auxito (based on their T10 interior LED bulbs). I really like them a lot..If Amazon doesn't have what you are looking for, ebay might. (I got mine on ebay).. 9012 for the US.
I really don't understand why the QX30 would have different sizes for different countries??
One thing I noticed is that on 3 of the 4 LED headlight sets I have installed, they needed the connector flipped...If you connect them and get nothing, flip that connector upside down and re-connect.
:D
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUXITO-2X-8000lm-COB-Super-White-Mini-9012-LED-Headlight-Conversion-Kit-Bulbs/332592366514?hash=item4d700cc3b2:g:lvQAAOSw5i5asKtB&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
4 Posts
Before my QX30, I had installed 3 sets of LED headlights (All Auxbeam) and one set of HID...Couldn't find Auxbeams in 9012 for the QX30...so I rolled the dice on Auxito (based on their T10 interior LED bulbs). I really like them a lot..If Amazon doesn't have what you are looking for, ebay might. (I got mine on ebay).. 9012 for the US.
I really don't understand why the QX30 would have different sizes for different countries??
One thing I noticed is that on 3 of the 4 LED headlight sets I have installed, they needed the connector flipped...If you connect them and get nothing, flip that connector upside down and re-connect.
:D
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUXITO-2X-8000lm-COB-Super-White-Mini-9012-LED-Headlight-Conversion-Kit-Bulbs/332592366514?hash=item4d700cc3b2:g:lvQAAOSw5i5asKtB&vxp=mtr
It states 8000lm per lamp. Would that be accurate?
Also, the hikari has that "black cap" that you can un-screw for better illumination, i see this one doesn't, how's the illumination quality and overall?

My wife's QX30 (which I drive almost daily as well), even with the hikari can't compare to my own personal car with Xenons, so I'm trying to bridge the gap without messing too much with the car since its hers. Hikari are very very good (incredible improvement from stock!!) but I would like a bit more.

I would appreciate your input here.
thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am very happy with the Auxito bulbs. I think the 8000 lm number is probably when they are on high beam. The color is great and they have that prism effect depending on the angle you view them at. I have always loved the high-end cars that had headlights with this effect. Not sure if it is the lens or the bulb that does this...but long story short, I would do it all over again with these bulbs.

·
Super Moderator
385 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Resurrecting this a little, but I got the Auxito in today and before I start wanted to know any mods needed to the bulb cap or is it simply go in through the wheel well and flip flip?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bought the Auxito and have tried without taking the wheel off, obviously couldn’t get to it. Came home today with the intent of taking the wheels off and getting these bulbs swapped. Well...my car has run flats so no jack or lug wrench in the car. So I waited until the wife got home so I could use the jack and wrench from her Pilot. Well... I got the car jacked up and went to loosen the lugs, and her lugs are apparently bigger than mine and the wrench wouldn’t even fit in the wheel! Next step is to go bother my neighbor, who is a mechanic at the Audi dealer and see what he has to help me out. Frustrating!

·
Super Moderator
385 Posts
Bought the Auxito and have tried without taking the wheel off, obviously couldn’t get to it. Came home today with the intent of taking the wheels off and getting these bulbs swapped. Well...my car has run flats so no jack or lug wrench in the car. So I waited until the wife got home so I could use the jack and wrench from her Pilot. Well... I got the car jacked up and went to loosen the lugs, and her lugs are apparently bigger than mine and the wrench wouldn’t even fit in the wheel! Next step is to go bother my neighbor, who is a mechanic at the Audi dealer and see what he has to help me out. Frustrating!
You need a 17mm deep socket to remove the lug bolts. You also need a torque wrench to properly re-torque the lug bolts (96 lb-ft, I believe).

Do not use a scissor/bottle jack when working under (or near) the vehicle. They are emergency-only jacks. You need a proper floor jack and jack stands!

Reactions: __XIS__

·
Registered
36 Posts
I asked my buddy, who is very resourceful, and of course he has a lift jack and an impact wrench. I went over to his house today and got this accomplished. To reiterate, if you buy the Auxito ones, you HAVE to reverse the plug into the jack on the car. Tried it correctly, nothing. Put them in backwards and they worked perfectly. Since the clip no longer snaps in, I wrapped some electrical tape around the connection to make sure it’s secured. I will say the passenger side was harder, as a righty, because I had to tighten it down with my left hand. Tight fit for sure. Still isn’t dark, so haven’t had a chance to try them out for visibility yet, but they definitely look cleaner than the halogens. Now I just want some LED replacements for the front turn signals.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I started to change the led headlight with the idea of trying, and my friends changed the halogen lamp to led. After I replaced the headlights of novsight, it was brighter than the halogen light, especially when it was darker. One time suddenly a small deer rushed out of the woods. Fortunately, the high beam of the headlights is very bright, and the brakes will be installed in time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys i purchased HIKARI-Headlight-Conversion-Lumileds-Warranty/dp/B077B8XM2H?keywords=hikari+9012&qid=1534368686&sr=8-3&ref=mp_s_a_1_3 put them on but the beam output doesn't look good. It dimmer than those stock halogens. Can someone show me how to adjust the light beam?

61 - 80 of 114 Posts