Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 QX30
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2017 QX30 about 6 months ago. Since then I have had a repeated issue with all of the cluster gage warnings activating (windshield wiper failure, brake failure, power steering failure, etc.) as well as a warning that says “inoperable do not shift into gear”. When this happens, the steering wheel becomes very difficult to turn which has resulted in two near accidents. The blinkers also don’t work and the engine revs up and down on its own.
I’ve taken it in 3 times and they always tell me they can’t figure out what’s wrong with it. I went to pick it up today and got about a mile down the road when the exact same thing happened and I had to turn around and take it back to the dealership. At this point I don’t feel safe driving the vehicle and the fact that no one can figure out why this is happening makes it even worse. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this??

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
Have you brought the vehicle to an Infiniti or Mercedes dealer?

What codes are stored?

·
Registered
2017 QX30
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you brought the vehicle to an Infiniti or Mercedes dealer?

What codes are stored?
Yes. It’s there now for the third time. They didn’t tell me what codes were stored but said they they didn’t identify the issue. I was supposed to pick it up today and see if the issue was fixed after they replaced a couple of things and it did it again about a mile down the road and I had to turn around and take it back. I can see from other posts on this forum that I’m not the only one with this issue.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
124 Posts
Is your car still under warranty? You might want to pursue the lemon laws in your state if you have them, only if the issue can't be fixed after multiple attempts by the dealer.

Reactions: airr_inn

·
Registered
2017 QX30
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is your car still under warranty? You might want to pursue the lemon laws in your state if you have them, only if the issue can't be fixed after multiple attempts by the dealer.
It’s under warranty with Infiniti until Monday and under warranty with the dealership I purchased it from for the next 3 years. My state doesn’t have Lemmon laws for used cars, but I do plan to pursue federal Lemmon laws if the issue isn’t fixed this time.

·
Registered
2017 QX30
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update for anyone with a similar issue: I received a call earlier letting me know that Infiniti is sending one of their engineers from their headquarters in Tennessee here to Dallas to look at the car and figure out why this is happening. I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up issuing a recall once they figure out what the issue is.
The service center employee who has been helping me through this said that they reached out to some other dealerships because they weren't sure what else they could try, and found multiple other cases of the QX30 with similar issues being taken in under the warranty with no cause or remedy being found yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If I remember correctly, this is the same behavior mine presented when the 4 speed sensors where replaced... I hope you can solve this issue soon! It's pretty unsafe to drive a vehicle with them being faulty, it even stalls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts