Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Also read this article yesterday. Google Now seems to suggest anything QX30-related.

I think the author got a lot of things right in his review (e.g., limited size, power and performance, design), but a lot of things wrong as well. For example, the safety tech is really impressive as are the LED headlights. Also, "road noise is almost deafening at anywhere over 50 miles per hour"? Really? I know it's not the quietest car in the world, but deafening?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and what is an issue/concern for one person may not be for another...

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's why its always better to come to a community like this where you can get a breadth of different opinions/impressions on a vehicle. Those who review cars are always directly comparing them to the other models they have driven and more often then not they don't spend much more than a few days with the vehicle. Imo a lot more time then that is required to determine a vehicles various strengths and faults.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think I notice a lot in the reviews that complain about the power that their complaint is more about economy mode and that it defaults to it. In sport mode, at least in the front wheel drive model, it’s very spirited.
I think road noise is actually good and I can only imagine it will get better if it didn’t have runflat tires

·
Super Moderator
431 Posts
Yes, I think engine power is fine. I'd love a few more ponies (who wouldn't?) but 208 hp has proven sufficient in the ~6k miles my wife and I have put on the vehicle. Eco mode does kill the enjoyment a bit, for spirited driving. Putting it into Sport makes the DCT come alive -- so it's an easy fix. Personally I do find the QX30 to drone a bit, at speed. The cabin is not as quiet as I'd like. My Acura MDX is much quieter, in that regard. Even my previous vehicle -- a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali -- had a quieter cabin.

That said, we really like our QX30.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I take those reviews with a grain of salt. I've read a few articles that talk about the top whatever crossovers and the QX30 and the GLA250 will both be in there and they may rave about the performance of the Mercedes but say the QX30's performance is lacking.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There are definitely some things that are irritating, but overall it's a good car. I had a Limited Subaru Impreza, which was far more gutless and considerably louder. The MPG was a bit better in the Suby and it didn't take premium fuel, either. The QX30 is taller, more similar to a Crosstrek and those feel terribly gutless.

I do not have the tech package, but I do notice the blind spots more than any car I've had except maybe the FX35.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts