Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My first post here, so please be gentle if I break some forum rules. :)

Yesterday, we picked up my wife's QX30 '19 from the dealer and still trying to get used to its features and annoyances that came from Mercedes and are not like in any other Infiniti/Nissan. We'll get used to many things over time, but the biggest problem I have with car is the short annoying loud beep that comes on every time the driver's door gets open. I've searched high and low through the manuals, internet and the forum, but could not find a way to turn it off. Is there a way???

Just to be clear - I'm not talking about the lock/unlock sound that the car can be configured to make when the door is unlocked with the intelligent key. I have that OFF and just want to get into the car or out of the car quietly. My headlights are set to Auto, so the short beep is not about car complaining that I forgot to turn something off.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Are you talking about the "don't forget your key" reminder sound? I wouldn't describe that as a beep. Just to confirm, are you hearing this?

Reactions: Rapidfirerob4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. That's different.
What happens when you come to the car and unlock it (mine does it quietly, because it is set to not make any sound) and then you open the driver's door? Does it chime once on the inside?
Mine does it every time the driver's door gets open and with a single chime. Does your car do the same?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a 2017 and I have not encountered any unusual chime while getting in or out of the car.

If I unlock the car, it does so silently. If I open the door and step inside, I just hear the same noise (I think) as I posted in the video above. Getting out, if I lock the car, it emits a soft horn to indicate that the car is locked (my preference).

Reactions: Rapidfirerob4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Zee for replying! If you hear no chime when opening the driver's door, that's encouraging to me and hopefully something customizable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just found a video that captures the sound which I'm talking about - it's right on the mark of 4 seconds into YouTube video with code "FpAVyoujNyE" (sorry, my forum account is not yet allowed to post links :|)
Do you hear it?

·
Super Moderator
431 Posts
That's normal, afaik. Mine does it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Isn't that the sound of the power mirrors unfolding? It's like an electrical motor buzz type of noise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zee, it's definitely not the mirrors. The closest matching sound I could find on the internet is this Elevator Ding Sound: soundbible.com/1441-Elevator-Ding.html (just click the WAV or MP3 link)

Do you hear with your QX30?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello everyone! My first post here, so please be gentle if I break some forum rules. :)

Yesterday, we picked up my wife's QX30 '19 from the dealer and still trying to get used to its features and annoyances that came from Mercedes and are not like in any other Infiniti/Nissan. We'll get used to many things over time, but the biggest problem I have with car is the short annoying loud beep that comes on every time the driver's door gets open. I've searched high and low through the manuals, internet and the forum, but could not find a way to turn it off. Is there a way???

Just to be clear - I'm not talking about the lock/unlock sound that the car can be configured to make when the door is unlocked with the intelligent key. I have that OFF and just want to get into the car or out of the car quietly. My headlights are set to Auto, so the short beep is not about car complaining that I forgot to turn something off.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!
Never hear that noise in my qx30

1 - 10 of 10 Posts