Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Has anyone tried adding this to their QX30? Mine did not come with this option. Has anyone go in and check if wires have been pre-set? I’m guessing not, but thought I’d ask.

I’m particularly interested in adding lights to both my doors (bottom).

Thank you!

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
124 Posts
To be honest I'm not even sure if the QX30 ever did have the option of getting ambient lighting. If it did, that would be the first time I've heard about it.

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
They definitely did offer an ambient lighting package. It added several LEDs to the standard assortment of lighting. If you feel behind the grab handles in your QX30 you can feel the molding marks where the LEDs would go, in the door panels.

Reactions: mqaxr3c0

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
124 Posts
Wow I had no idea. Must have been a special package to get it or something right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

I might do some more research before I dive into this project. Would be nice to have though.

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
It was part of a $1,000 "LED Lighting" package that included:

Led Package
  • Enhanced LED Interior Ambient Lighting
  • LED Headlamps
  • Active Front Lighting System
$1,000

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the LED lighting package...there is a soft glow in several places. The LEDs behind the door pulls 16 & 18, can actually be too bright on really dark roads. I have the Gallery White package and the light is probably more reflective than models with the black door inserts.
Also, I don't have the Sport model, so the lights shown as 21 & 22, don't exist in my QX.
I'll see if I can take some night time photos and post them up.

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
The LEDs behind the door pulls 16 & 18, can actually be too bright on really dark roads.
I have to turn the infotainment screen OFF (and disable the clock) at night. Infiniti did a really bad job tuning the backlight for night time driving. And the LCD panel they chose has terrible backlight bleed, too.

I can't wait for more car manufacturers to move to OLED panels.

Reactions: mqaxr3c0

·
Registered
47 Posts
I snapped this photo of the door handle LED lights at night...the red glow is from the Total Wine sign....I'll try to take more and better photos with no building signage

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the LED lighting package...there is a soft glow in several places. The LEDs behind the door pulls 16 & 18, can actually be too bright on really dark roads. I have the Gallery White package and the light is probably more reflective than models with the black door inserts.
Also, I don't have the Sport model, so the lights shown as 21 & 22, don't exist in my QX.
I'll see if I can take some night time photos and post them up.
First post. I don’t have have the sport model, but do have the interior LED lighting package. There’s no lights around the cup holders as shown in #19. Was this in the sports model only?

·
Registered
11 Posts
wow - i did not know about this led package. i have to also say i really love those pictures. those soft glows look aesthetically pleasing to me for some reason haha.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interesting... On my Q30 Sport (lighting package included ) I do not have lights around the cup holders as well...
I found this picture of a 2017 QX30 Premium FWD with the LED Ambient Light package and low and behold they're light strips around the cupholders. This model did not include a push button start. This may have been something that was deleted in MY18. Does anyone else have light strips around the cupholders?

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 QX30 Premium AWD
1 Posts
I have a Canadian 2017 Premium AWD with the tech package and LED package and it has the cup holder lights, door panel lights, footwells etc. You can only disable the foot and lower door lights, otherwise the light under the rear view mirror is always shining down on the center console, the door handle lights are on and the cup holder lights are on all of the time. Its a bit annoying when on the freeway in the middle of the night. Also i notice they stay on after exiting and arming the vehicle, but i think they shut off once the key is out of range.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Canadian 2017 Premium AWD with the tech package and LED package and it has the cup holder lights, door panel lights, footwells etc. You can only disable the foot and lower door lights, otherwise the light under the rear view mirror is always shining down on the center console, the door handle lights are on and the cup holder lights are on all of the time. Its a bit annoying when on the freeway in the middle of the night. Also i notice they stay on after exiting and arming the vehicle, but i think they shut off once the key is out of range.
You are able to adjust the level of brightness on some of ambient lighting including the door trim pull bars, floor lights and the lights under the passenger instrumental panel pad. But yes, you cannot control the soft glow under the rear view mirror, behind the door handles and the LED cupholders as they are a fixed brightness and will always be on with the headlights. I don't mind the ambient lighting during nighttime driving as it adds a bit of soft elegance to the interior.

I just picked up the cup holder console with the LED lighting and I’m going to swap with my non LED one. I’m pretty sure the wiring needed to attach it is taped beside the wire harness that attaches to the switch.

I would like to assume this is plug and play, but I’ll report back at the end of the weekend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It was plug and play, and now we have LED surrounds for the cupholders in our MY18. The prewiring was right under the switch that controls the navigation, just plug into the console and it's done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
eBay! Lucked out and found one w/LED and snatched it for $80. If you order it through the parts counter the retail is $1800 and comes with the switch (which you obviously don’t need). The console fits in place and your existing switch will come out with 3 screws. The console is attached with 4 clips and needs to be popped up. I used a laptop pry tool so I didn’t leave any pry marks on the trim. You need Cup Holder w/LED 969XB-5DF1A.

I would check to make sure you have the correct wiring underneath, but according to my research the wiring harness is the same for MY18.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
eBay! Lucked out and found one w/LED and snatched it for $80. If you order it through the parts counter the retail is $1800 and comes with the switch (which you obviously don’t need). The console fits in place and your existing switch will come out with 3 screws. The console is attached with 4 clips and needs to be popped up. I used a laptop pry tool so I didn’t leave any pry marks on the trim. You need Cup Holder w/LED 969XB-5DF1A.

I would check to make sure you have the correct wiring underneath, but according to my research the wiring harness is the same for MY18.
View attachment 2548 View attachment 2549
Sweet! Okay, I’ll be on the lookout for this. Thank you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts