Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having alignment issues with their car? Perhaps steering wheel points a little to the left? I've had my car in 3 times to fix, and they can't get it right. It's been at the dealership for almost 3 weeks now. They are in discussions with Infiniti corporate techs on how to fix it, but still not right.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have the same issue. My steering wheel is turned a bit to the left (counter-clockwise). The car seems to drive straight, the steering wheel is just crooked, basically.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should also add that I had two QX30 loaners while they worked on my car, and each of the steering wheels tilted to the left. But, yep, car drives straight, steering wheel points otherwise.

·
Registered
148 Posts
After driving my over the weekend on different road types, I too noticed that my steering wheel is angled slightly to the left. In a few weeks, I have a 900+ mile trip that I plan on taking and the steering wheel angled to the left will begin to annoy me.

As pavy mentioned, the car drives as straight as an arrow.

Smittylit: Did your dealership address this without requiring you to pay for an alignment? In other words, was this covered through the warranty? Any update?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, Zee... "Did your dealership address this without requiring you to pay for an alignment? In other words, was this covered through the warranty?" Yes. I took it to them 3 times to address the issue. Altogether, they had my car about 4 weeks as they tried to align the steering wheel and brought out engineers from Infiniti corporate. Yes, the steering alignment changed, from slightly left to now slightly right--so, still annoying AF. I took it back and had their master tech drive it with me last week, and they did not see an issue, so basically, they're not willing to fix it anymore. I guess when the engineer signs off on it, it's done with little recourse. I'm thinking of having them just un-align the steering wheel even less slightly back to the left. If they say it's aligned, fine, I disagree, now move the steering wheel to the left a little--in my eyes, it will be aligned at that point.

But, yes, there was no cost involved in any of this. 2 loaners for about 4 weeks, and I didn't pay them anything.

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I go back in for service, I'm going to mention this and see what they do. Do you know what they had to adjust exactly? What was off?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know that it was the steering alignment, not wheel alignment; car does and has always driven straight. But, the issue is that it's not a mechanical adjustment to the wheel, it's all digital. So that's what took them so long because, basically, new model, all computer driven, and they had no idea what they were doing (they were up front with that). So, they had to bring out engineers from Infiniti to do whatever, and since those guys are not necessarily local, they had to wait to get an appointment--that was the time suck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am not a lawyer but this can be a serious class action lawsuit topic if Infiniti is keep saying 'I don't know how to fix' to us.

Off topic, i had a 2014 Q50 before, and it looks like Infiniti is settling a class action lawsuit regarding their Intouch system. I will be getting a check ($85) in a few months.

Reactions: Chris92SE

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yikes, my appointment to drop off the car is tomorrow. I have a feeling the service department is not equipped to address the steering wheel alignment issues. With a long road trip ahead, a misaligned steering wheel will drive me nuts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yikes, my appointment to drop off the car is tomorrow. I have a feeling the service department is not equipped to address the steering wheel alignment issues. With a long road trip ahead, a misaligned steering wheel will drive me nuts.
I haven't had this yet, but it seems like these small annoying issues are starting to add up. I guess that's what we get for being test dummies on a brand new model. You would think Infiniti would be a little better about some of these problems and work harder to fix them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Surprise, surprise: my local Infiniti service center did not have the latest software update on their alignment machine to perform an alignment on my QX30. I'm relocating to Florida for one year, so I'll take it to a dealership in Florida when I get the chance.

On a positive note, the service consultant was an absolute professional and really changed my opinion of the service experience. The loaner that I received while my car was being looked at was a 2016 Q70L. That car feels ancient compared with our QX30! While I'm certainly appreciative of the courtesy vehicle, I have to question the type of person that buys a new Q70L.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts