Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2018 Sport with tech and other options. Gray with black interior. Love the looks, chassis and engine. Some dislikes: Hate that the roof doesn’t open. Hate that the rear hatch isn’t electric (GLA is). Hate that the run flats are like stone under 50 degrees. Hate that the proximity sensors are really only intended to assist with parking. But most of all, I HATE the stop/restart function!!!! The dealer is researching to see if it can be permanently disabled through the software. Has anyone had success with this?

·
Super Moderator
431 Posts
I suggest leaving it ON for a few weeks. My wife and I have gotten used to it, and now like it.

Reactions: __XIS__

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have Start /stop in my 3 year old Volvo and initially it was annoying as heck but believe it or not you get used to it. It doesn't bother me in the Infiniti at all.

·
Registered
184 Posts
*Love the looks too and your color combo.
*I don't mind the panoramic moon roof not opening, but I do wish it would vent...I knew it wouldn't open before I bought it.
*A power rear hatch would have been a 'nice to have'... OR at least make it aluminum like the EX35...There is such a HUGE difference in the weight and ease to close...but I don't even think about it until I close the EX's hatch. I am guessing the power option will come out in 2019 / 2020...
*Living in the desert, I really like these tires. (Other than ice cream, I hate everything and anything under 50 degrees) It will be 82 in Phx today. >:D
*Not sure if I understand the proximity sensor comment? They work when parking and when I am too close to the guy (or gal) in front of me in stop and go traffic. Maybe I am not thinking of another use for them?
*I have also learned to love the stop start function, once I understood it better. Now when I am at a light getting ready to turn left (for example), I click the button and shut it off...but when I am stuck at a long light, it is a nice feature. I have read that it can't default to OFF, but I don't doubt it that someone could figure out a way around it...but I would still have mine default to ON.

I picked up a 2018 Sport with tech and other options. Gray with black interior. Love the looks, chassis and engine. Some dislikes: Hate that the roof doesn’t open. Hate that the rear hatch isn’t electric (GLA is). Hate that the run flats are like stone under 50 degrees. Hate that the proximity sensors are really only intended to assist with parking. But most of all, I HATE the stop/restart function!!!! The dealer is researching to see if it can be permanently disabled through the software. Has anyone had success with this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
For the the rear hatch you can try this: Electric Tail Gate Lift. Don't know if it really works :).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts