Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings QXrs. I'm new to the blog and glad I found it. I have a 2017 QX30 AWD and have a question about the Ambient Temperature Sensor. (Code: P0073)
Brown Wood Writing implement Wood stain Hardwood
Brown Wood Flooring Wood stain Floor

Does anyone know where it's located? Thats a pic of it there. It's about two inches long, and, by its shape, it gets inserted into a rubber grommet someplace. In the Infiniti dealers part diagrams it shows up with the AC condenser section as part of the AC system, but I cant for the life-of-me find it or its leads in the front of the car, HELP! Has anyone? Btw I rebuilt this vehicle and acquired it without a front bumper cover. It had no structural damage below the upper alum core bar which only had a dent by LH light so I decided to replace it. New Rad Core, Rad, AC Cond. bumper cover.
As a side note, there is a mystery connector on (RH) by the light, underside by wheel well, which looks like what could be a junction to a bumper harness.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Vehicle
it's a ten slot connector, but in this vehicle has only two lead poles in it. The car does not have park assist (at least there where no sensors on the rear bumper cover) and it did not come with front fogs (although I plan to add a pair of OEMs. Need new switch) Anyone know what this connector leads to? Is it for a bumper harness? What plugs into bumper harness w/o park assist? Fogs? Are these factory pre-wired for fogs? Looking forward to sharing my experience and helping where I can, and if someone could help me out here I'd appreciate it much.
Ross

UPDATE: I think I should posted this on a topic thread but looking at the GLA 250 I found that the ambient Temp sensor goes into the grille and on the Infiniti side in some parts catalogs is referred to as the grille sensor.

·
Registered
Sportage IV, 20 / QX30 AWD, 18
32 Posts
hi. In AWD version it's in the right up corner of intercooler radiator grille. look down it's a mount place.

In S and FWD version it looks like this

·
Registered
Sportage IV, 20 / QX30 AWD, 18
32 Posts
As for the connector - it's seems that is the thing You ask first...
They use one kind of connector as to vehicles with full parking + radar pack as for the without...
So in Your case its connection of Your ambient sensor. Use only 2 pins of 10. Looks like this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That connector does seem to be the same female 10 pin I have and I agree that it would only have two pins according to the cars features. Thank you for the verification. Now, I just have to get Mercedes or Infiniti to order me the matching male end and I can make my wiring as OEM as possible. Thanks again JeyMe and p07.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Q
QXFun
Registered

Joined 2 mo ago
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · 2 mo ago (Edited)

Greetings QXrs. I'm new to the blog and glad I found it. I have a 2017 QX30 AWD and have a question about the Ambient Temperature Sensor. (Code: P0073)

Ambient Temp Sensor MB.jpg

Ambient Temp Sensor MB rear plug view.jpg

Does anyone know where it's located? Thats a pic of it there. It's about two inches long, and, by its shape, it gets inserted into a rubber grommet someplace. In the Infiniti dealers part diagrams it shows up with the AC condenser section as part of the AC system, but I cant for the life-of-me find it or its leads in the front of the car, HELP! Has anyone? Btw I rebuilt this vehicle and acquired it without a front bumper cover. It had no structural damage below the upper alum core bar which only had a dent by LH light so I decided to replace it. New Rad Core, Rad, AC Cond. bumper cover.
As a side note, there is a mystery connector on (RH) by the light, underside by wheel well, which looks like what could be a junction to a bumper harness.

mystery connector RH lower bumper-wheel.jpg

it's a ten slot connector, but in this vehicle has only two lead poles in it. The car does not have park assist (at least there where no sensors on the rear bumper cover) and it did not come with front fogs (although I plan to add a pair of OEMs. Need new switch) Anyone know what this connector leads to? Is it for a bumper harness? What plugs into bumper harness w/o park assist? Fogs? Are these factory pre-wired for fogs? Looking forward to sharing my experience and helping where I can, and if someone could help me out here I'd appreciate it much.
Ross

UPDATE: I think I should posted this on a topic thread but looking at the GLA 250 I found that the ambient Temp sensor goes into the grille and on the Infiniti side in some parts catalogs is referred to as the grille sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts