Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a problem as follows:
When car is stopped in traffic and idle/start shuts off the engine, as I try to start the car won't move. A warning appears on the dash "Transmission problem, do not shift, go immediately to the dealer.' Took it to the mechanic. He reset the transmission codes and topped off the transmission fluid (no leak found). But on the way back home after driving for a little while it occurred again.

I contacted Infiniti mechanic on line. He said it could be the starter and suggested resetting the starter counter. Does anyone know how to do this. He signed off before telling me how to do this?

Also open to other suggestions to anyone who has had this problem.

Just joined the group.

Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
85 Posts
If you drive with the auto stop/start turned off, do you have any issues? Do you still have any warranty left on your car?

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
I’d take it to the dealer if you’re under warranty. If you’re out of warranty then you should take it to a shop (dealer or independent) that has access to a CONSULT III.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you drive with the auto stop/start turned off, do you have any issues? Do you still have any warranty left on your car?
Took a while to reply because I have been driving it with the ISS turned off... have not experienced the problem during this time... drove it 3 days... would still like to know what is going on... suspect it may have to do with the auxiliary battery.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
85 Posts
Took a while to reply because I have been driving it with the ISS turned off... have not experienced the problem during this time... drove it 3 days... would still like to know what is going on... suspect it may have to do with the auxiliary battery.
Yah funny enough I was just about to mention the secondary battery. You should have it tested for its voltage. I'm pretty sure that Autozone and Advance Auto both do it for free if you need them to do it for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts