User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Space Saver Spare?

My wife owns a 2017 QX30 Base AWD and is getting ready to replace tires, she's not too fond of the run flats and was looking at changing to regular tires (BFGoodrich G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S).

This change would require a space saver spare or spray goo for the inevitable emergency, but i am unsure where to start and Google is offering me little information so i figured i'd ask.

The one thing i know is that the a diameter the spare tire + rim should match the replacement tires almost exactly to avoid damage to the drive train.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage

I will be sticking with the run-flats, personally. I have found the vehicle to ride/handle pretty well (for what it is) with them. The peace of mind that the run-flats provide is immense.

Even if I didn't like run-flats, there's no room for a space-saver spare, anyway, as the Bose subwoofer occupies that location. Does your QX30 not have a subwoofer?

If you did want to carry a space-saver spare, then I'd go with what that Mercedes GLA floks are running:

Mercedes Benz (2014-2019) GLA 250 Emergency Spare Tire : Bimmerzone.com

Alternatively, you can use something like the ContiMobilityKit, which is a compact 12V air compressor with integrated tire sealant. You can order these through many auto dealers or check eBay since lots of people sell the one that comes with their car (I hate these things, personally).

https://www.continental-tires.com/ca...ntimobilitykit

2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour - Pearl White
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

I agree with p07r0457, I don't think you would be able to fit any spare tire into the trunk unless you just leave it on the top side and secure it somehow. This would decrease the already poor storage space and wouldn't look to appealing. I use with my winter tires (Michelin non runflat) a mobility kit from kia/hyundai; got it for free =) This for sure gives me peace if mind.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page