Normal behavior or electrical issues? - Infiniti QX30 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Normal behavior or electrical issues?

I have noticed two annoying issues with my QX30:
1. Passengers windows locks: sometimes the feature works sometimes doesn't. I recently tinted my windows and with the window lock on (even the red bulb on) my kid lowered the window and damaged the window tint. Has it happened before?
2. A/C recirculation: It's pretty annoying having to press this button each time I start the car. Even with the auto start/stop the recirculation turns off and I note it when the fumes from other cars start getting inside my car. Is this normal in this cars? Itś the first time I've seen it, my other cars have always recirculation on unless I turn it off or hit the defrost button.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage

Was your passenger in the front or rear? AFAIK, the window lock only disables the rear controls. A front passenger can still operate their window, and the driver can still operate the rear windows even when they rear controls are locked-out.

Re-circulation should only be used temporarily. It's a safety feature that it disables when restarting the car. I only enable re-circ if I'm driving through an area that I know will stink (like North of the grapevine on I-5, oh many those cows, yuck!) Otherwise, you WANT fresh air to come into the cabin.

2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour - Pearl White
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p07r0457 View Post
Was your passenger in the front or rear? AFAIK, the window lock only disables the rear controls. A front passenger can still operate their window, and the driver can still operate the rear windows even when they rear controls are locked-out.

Re-circulation should only be used temporarily. It's a safety feature that it disables when restarting the car. I only enable re-circ if I'm driving through an area that I know will stink (like North of the grapevine on I-5, oh many those cows, yuck!) Otherwise, you WANT fresh air to come into the cabin.
Ok, well I guess its normal behavior in our cars. Thanks for letting me know. Itś the first time I hear recirc must be temporary. In my country there are a lot of stinky cars hehe. Thanks!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I agree it's super annoying to constantly have turn the recirculation button back on. In my past vehicle I've always used it continuously during pollen season.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page